Tesla Cybertruck: The Future?

shade

I mentioned it in the other Telsa truck thread, but I believe that EVs have the potential to majority disrupt the used car market, and the fleet own/lease market.

Why? Because the drivetrain reliability is not impacted significantly by its age or miles. Typically vehicles are retired because the interiors or exteriors are worn, or because maintenance costs are rising quickly. With a drivetrain that is plenty reliable even past 15 years, there is more incentive to refurb the interior, and resell as used. This could produce a significant aftermarket (think lower prices) for the refurb parts. If Telsa avoids major design changes every few years like some MFGs do, this type of refurb and resell will be even more sought after. Think 150k miles and 7-10 years at roughly 40-60% of new prices.
In some ways, similar to the used aircraft market. An OEM or a third party could make a reliable profit through refurbishing and reselling.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Again I ask, do you understand what it means to make an argument in good faith? Or are you just trolling? Maybe we should get that Musk hate thread going for you to vent some of it?

Criticising Musk or a particular product does not make it a "bad faith argument".
You, just like the OP who threatens to delete the whole thread, just want to make sure that only people who fully believe in whatever Tesla is doing and Musk is claiming get to have a say - By any means possible.

shade

We may well be going to a non private ownership model with autonomous on demand lyft cars in urban environments so if effectively 100 people are sharing each vehicle that vehicle may be in motion 20 hours per day and wear itself completely out in a year.
I get enough exposure to bedbugs as it is, so I'll be the old-fashioned guy that owns his car.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Nice,
But can it be supercharged in 10 minutes ?
Thats the prime deal maker for Tesla. Whats going to happen when other auto manufacturers offer all electrics ?
Will their drivers be stuck using chumpass level 2 charging at a neighborhood Walgreens ?

Oh, you added a bit.

I think they will struggle when the big ones gets to market. Tesla may have a headstart, but that is about it.
There will hopefully be universal super fast chargers - so it's not a proprietary charging system. That will be cheaper for for the mfgs and more convenient for the consumers.

shade

"I heard you were dead."

Escape from New York is on Amazon Prime.

I'd rather hang with the Duke of New York than read more about the Mussolini of EVs. Don't forget to get that MuskHate thread going.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
"I heard you were dead."

Escape from New York is on Amazon Prime.

I'd rather hang with the Duke of New York than read more about the Mussolini of EVs. Don't forget to get that MuskHate thread going.

You can unsubscribe. It's a thing.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Dont forget corrosion.
Teslas are pretty good as is many manufacturers of recent decade or so. Lots of people live in corrosive regions. No matter how well a car is finished, rust never sleeps.

As far as the prototype 'CyborgTruck' being stainless.
Lets wait to see how much of it will remain stainless once they hit the streets.

I can't help but take note of your avatar (nej till saltning), which seems on point.

RC000E

I think folks may have missed a bit, when judging the design. There are HUGE opportunities, as I point out in reasons #3, 5 and immediately 6, dont miss those. There are some things people aren't thinking about. I had to do a vid on it. I do about 1 corvette vid a week, then some other overland, offroad and other stuff

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
I think folks may have missed a bit, when judging the design. There are HUGE opportunities, as I point out in reasons #3, 5 and immediately 6, dont miss those. There are some things people aren't thinking about. I had to do a vid on it. I do about 1 corvette vid a week, then some other overland, offroad and other stuff

Seriously? Do you intend to get views by spamming forums with your little video?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven