Tesla Cybertruck: The Future?

Boatbuilder79

So where is the Elon musk hate coming from?

It seems like every internet site is full of trolls hating on Elon musk?

Is it some kind of foreign troll thing?

Too many folks on info wars?

does he want to implement agenda 21 and turn all the ok boomers into soylent green or something?

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Sure, it's a "foreign thing": We are "hating on Musk" because we hate "foreign" stuff. And if not that, it must be because we are somehow into conspiracy theorist sites.

Of course, it can't be because Musk is a BS artist.

I guess we all hated on VW due to them cheating too because it must be a "foreign thing" or due to some conspiracy theory website. It can't possible be because they did something wrong to the detriment of people's health and safety (and wallet).

Last edited:

Boatbuilder79

Sure, it's a "foreign thing": We are "hating on Musk" because we hate "foreign" stuff. And if not that, it must be because we are somehow into conspiracy theorist sites.

Of course, it can't be because Musk is a BS artist.

I guess we all hated on VW due to them cheating too because it must be a "foreign thing" or due to some conspiracy theory website. It can't possible be because they did something wrong to the detriment of people's health and safety (and wallet).

What’s so wrong with being a bs artist? It seems like an important skill to have in business.

I see several Tesla’s every day on my way to work. 2 people in the office have them.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
What’s so wrong with being a bs artist? It seems like an important skill to have in business.

I see several Tesla’s every day on my way to work. 2 people in the office have them.

Yeah, lying is a great thing. Promising consumers one thing and delivering another is another great thing. Saying the Tesla 3 is safer than a Volvo XC60 is a great thing. Sending up glaring satellites in the thousands (well, not thousands yet) ruining astronomy is a great thing.

Pretending he can build tunnels much cheaper than others is a great thing (he can't), calling someone a "pedo" for calling him out on his BS is a great thing.

Do you also applaud VW for cheating on their emissions and promising "Clean Diesel" (in the US market)?

Seriously, are we really at a stage where lying by a narcissistic sociopath is just perfectly fine - even applaudable?

Here's a list of just a few things where Musk lies to your face:

https://medium.com/radical-urbanist/the-****************-company-95e97dc01802

And for an in-depth debunking of everything "hyperloop":

But, hey, he gets to defraud gullible investors, so I guess that's okay too. Consuemr fraud is perfectly fine too.

Go look here (and scroll down to go past the court case caused by him calling someone "a pedo"):

Last edited:

djfriimixx

Because some people think that a person's moral character is more relevant than how good they are at their job.

Big business don't get big by being honest. They get there by being profitable

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Because some people think that a person's moral character is more relevant than how good they are at their job.

Big business don't get big by being honest. They get there by being profitable

Excellent argument: Let's get rid of such things as "fraud" from the statutes, as well as anything else that might preclude them from being "profitable". Give all corporations complete carte blanche to do as they please. They should also get carte blanche to lie to investors and consumers - and be free from repercussions. Hell, also get rid of warranties, and allow them to deny anything and everything wrong with the product they sold you.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
It's alien to me that you seem to disagree with the sentiment.

To be fair, he just wants to make sure that the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare industry in general get to do as they please. He can't wait to live in that kind of Utopia.

djfriimixx

It's alien to me that you seem to disagree with the sentiment.
Sorry but. I'm not a victim or a credible witness to any of the accusations you've made. Even if I did care, my opinion carries no value.

This kind of thing happens far too much. "The CEO of chik-fil-a hates gays" whatever, I'm here to buy chicken not life advice

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Sorry but. I'm not a victim or a credible witness to any of the accusations you've made. Even if I did care, my opinion carries no value.

This kind of thing happens far too much. "The CEO of chik-fil-a hates gays" whatever, I'm here to buy chicken not life advice

Here's the thing, though: You were arguing that they should have a right to lie and deceive. So, if that chik-filet wasn't actually chicken, or it was ridden with maggots or mercury, should they still be allowed to sell that without repercussions and without even being called upon it?

djfriimixx

Here's the thing, though: You were arguing that they should have a right to lie and deceive. So, if that chik-filet wasn't actually chicken, or it was ridden with maggots or mercury, should they still be allowed to sell that without repercussions and without even being called upon it?
Is it a right, no. Is it common practice, yes. Should we as consumers be cautious of bold claims and hollow promises, of course. But that's up to the individual.
Burger King sold me some raw chicken a few weeks ago. Am I gonna tell everyone here to boycott burger king. No. Because that's my gievence.

Point is. I don't have any reason to dislike Elon. And to expect me or anyone else to burn him at the stake because of some Hersey accusations made by some stranger that got his information from God knows where is just silly.

Boatbuilder79

i think he pitches what he thinks he will be able to do without havig the plan fully baked and then try’s to make it happen. Which is pretty much standard human behavior from what I can tell.

I am willing to risk my $100 deposit to hold my place in the queue and if it is 80% of what was pitched I Still want one.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
If you wonder why some people can't assess their own lack of knowledge or competence... I will just leave this here. Then again some are just trolling cause it makes them feel good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven