Texas Hill Country (Feb 18-20, 2011)

MikeWhoTruong

Observer
Hey guys, I had an amazing time on this trip ! Glad everyone made it home safe. Sorry for the unexpected showers guys, lol !!! Its always great meeting so many awesome people on these trips and always a pleasure to see old friends !

Jeep what! Video Sorry Nigel... (notice what his head does after I clear the sand) LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzhOLcGjbWA"]YouTube - off-roading Feb. 2011[/ame]

And to all the new friends that I have made, can you PM me your Facebook email address if you have a Facebook so I can add you as a friend !

valkyrie

Adventurer
It was great to meet everyone, and thanks to Leary for putting it together!

Sorry we had to miss the second day, it looked like a blast!

I suck at picture-taking more than I do at navigating, so.... :D

It looks like the trip required a high-clearance vehicle at the least, right? In that case, I would have gotten in trouble with my CR-V (Hurry up with my Scout, Paul!).

d0va

Observer
nice pictures. it looks like I missed another good run... where was the 1st camping spot (waterfall pict) ? and the crossing bridge ?

i plan on going to INKS lake next month maybe I can pass by there on my way over...

siestasundance

DSCF6170.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6162.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6171.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6172.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

Thieu

I'll tell ya, the one negative aspect to this weekend, is that I don't have the money necessary to buy all the stuff I need (want) now.

Bumpers, skids, better suspension, the list goes on.... ugh...

jsmarine

Adventurer
It looks like the trip required a high-clearance vehicle at the least, right? In that case, I would have gotten in trouble with my CR-V (Hurry up with my Scout, Paul!).

I think you would have been fine with your CR-V. The roads we were on were maintained county roads, in fact most of the roads we were on I noticed had recently been graded. We saw plenty of local traffic in 4 door sedans, so it is passable; only the "recreational detours" required 4x4

fingas

Observer
nice pictures. it looks like I missed another good run... where was the 1st camping spot (waterfall pict) ? and the crossing bridge ?

i plan on going to INKS lake next month maybe I can pass by there on my way over...

If you ate talking about my pictures the campground is Colorado bend state park and the fall is one of the hiking trails there

siestasundance

DSCF6181.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6155.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6158.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6157.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6156.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6184.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6177.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6176.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6175.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6178.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6182.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6185.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6192.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6186.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6195.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6199.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF62001.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6191.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF62101.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6204.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6206.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6228.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6215.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6229.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

siestasundance

DSCF6237.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6231.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6246.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6240.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6247.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

DSCF6242.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

Saturday was a little too long of a drive, but overall it was a good trip. 3 days would have been better with average of 40-50miles a day. Radio's work good for traffic notice on the real dusty parts.

The private ranch tours were nice...lol ..Thanks Chris!
Sunday's route was much nicer with the river parts included on the county roads.
It was also great to meet a good group of like minded outdoor folks!

Take care,
Scott and Erin

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__