Tex's 200 Series

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I changed the engine oil/filter, engine and cabin air filters myself prior to taking in to Land Cruiser's of Houston (who btw does great work and is a full service restoration shop for any series LC) to have both front/rear differentials, and the t-case fluid changed as well. The drive shafts and UCA's were hit with some grease too. Fluids looked good considering they were the originals with 60K miles on them. Short of the next oil change or two she's good to go until I do the brakes in the next 10-15K miles.

The KDSS had some air in the system and it was causing the fluid to cavitate, after handling that the KDSS lean is now down to only a 1/8" difference, I am very happy. I also found out that I have a field mouse under the hood somewhere, time for traps to catch him before he does some real damage.

Pics of the fluids and drain plug magnet collections below.

WMPzEFZ.jpg

sQrInfy.jpg

zVBds0n.jpg

7IG9RaH.jpg

tpAeynp.jpg

IWjlWD7.jpg

zuXpB0h.jpg

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Yea I have heard the same. I still love the simplicity and look of the standard sliders but I am not considering Metal Tech and White Knuckle as well. And you should definitely get a 200 if you can find a late model for a decent price.

Thanks.

Is there a breakdown post somewhere of which years of 200s have which issues, when major changes, bla bla bla?

Like Slee has for the 80 and the 100

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Thanks.

Is there a breakdown post somewhere of which years of 200s have which issues, when major changes, bla bla bla?

Like Slee has for the 80 and the 100

There is a lot of good info over on Mud. '16+ was the introduction into a lot of the newest safety stuff, the 8-speed and the bigger brakes, '18+ got the updated radiator and electric lift gate (LC, LX had it long before), and the '20+ got an updated front axle housing.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
There is a lot of good info over on Mud. '16+ was the introduction into a lot of the newest safety stuff, the 8-speed and the bigger brakes, '18+ got the updated radiator and electric lift gate (LC, LX had it long before), and the '20+ got an updated front axle housing.

PERFECT! Thank you!

I somehow missed that. I will give it a bookmark.

I am on mud as BOSTON MANGLER. One of the originals! :)

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Congratulations. I went with the White Knuckle off road sliders. Easy install , available and much cheaper than Slee.
I would look into one of the 3 auxiliary fuel tanks by Long Range America. I have the 40 gallon auxiliary tank in it is probably the best single upgrade I've done to the truck.
I also upgraded the suspension as well as put on a Dobinson rear bumper

I knew that setup looked familiar!

Just read your article in the new Trails mag!

Bravo sir

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Well considering the truck isn't but three years old I am surprised by the corrosion on the end of these OEM bump stop bolts. They were a real bear to get out because of it. One project down, 19 more to go lol.

IPi00pF.jpg

HbTJ1Hi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3