Tex68w

Beach Bum
Tow pig for bike photo shoot.

x8sHbJU.jpg

uJwKLYh.jpg

2XM1m5l.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Yea I sold the CRF 450L a while back. I've acquired three KTM's since then, 2021 890 Adventure R (sold), 2023 300 XCW and the 2023 500 EXC-F. This 500 is being built up pretty much solely for BDR trips.
3? How long ago did you sell the Honda? lol Do you still have all 3?

I just got my 1st bike. Went with a VStrom 650.

I was looking at a KTM 790 Adventure but as a new rider insurance limited me to 750 cc or less.

I looked at the 390 Adventure as well but felt it was a little small for highway use.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
3? How long ago did you sell the Honda? lol Do you still have all 3?

I just got my 1st bike. Went with a VStrom 650.

I was looking at a KTM 790 Adventure but as a new rider insurance limited me to 750 cc or less.

I looked at the 390 Adventure as well but felt it was a little small for highway use.

Haha, at one time I had seven bikes so I am doing much better these days with just four and one of which is soon to be leaving for its new home. I sold the 450L in 2021 and the 890 in 2022, I will likely be adding a BMW GSA 1250 in the next year or so or possibly waiting for year two of the new 1300 that is set to come out early next year.

IMHO I would skip the 790 and get the 890, it's a better bike/engine in every way and don't bother with the 390 either. The V-Strom is a solid starter bike, no worries there. That's weird about insurance limiting you to a certain displacement, I've never heard of that before.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Haha, at one time I had seven bikes so I am doing much better these days with just four and one of which is soon to be leaving for its new home. I sold the 450L in 2021 and the 890 in 2022, I will likely be adding a BMW GSA 1250 in the next year or so or possibly waiting for year two of the new 1300 that is set to come out early next year.

IMHO I would skip the 790 and get the 890, it's a better bike/engine in every way and don't bother with the 390 either. The V-Strom is a solid starter bike, no worries there. That's weird about insurance limiting you to a certain displacement, I've never heard of that before.
Oh..... a GSA 1250, hey? Nice! ? That's def not a dirt bike....so going a different route with that one obviously...

Getting your Charlie and Ewan on? lol (I'm assuming you're familiar with all the 'Long ways'?)

Why no build threads on the KTM's here? Are you on ADVRider as well?

Yeah, it was specific to my insurance company. They also wouldn't put insurance on the bike until I passed a safety course and got my bike license. As I bought the bike before that, I ended up going with another insurance company anyway. Go figure. Of well. I don't think I'd want more than a 650 to start out with anyway.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Oh..... a GSA 1250, hey? Nice! ? That's def not a dirt bike....so going a different route with that one obviously...

Getting your Charlie and Ewan on? lol (I'm assuming you're familiar with all the 'Long ways'?)

Why no build threads on the KTM's here? Are you on ADVRider as well?

Yeah, it was specific to my insurance company. They also wouldn't put insurance on the bike until I passed a safety course and got my bike license. As I bought the bike before that, I ended up going with another insurance company anyway. Go figure. Of well. I don't think I'd want more than a 650 to start out with anyway.

You did well, start mild, learn the ropes and get your feet wet and graduate bikes as your riding progresses. I've had large ADV bikes in the past, it's just time for a GSA for those long slab rides but if I can convince the misses to start riding with me I'll have to seriously consider a new Honda Gold Wing instead.

I am on ADVRider but I don't post much over there anymore, I more or less just read threads I am interested in. And yes, I have seen all of the Long Way....... films. I did a short build thread for the 890 and the 300 but so little views and interest in the two wheel sub forums over here so I don't bother anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwralliance