Tex's 2019 GX460 build

mizeide

Michael - Owner Wanderlust Overland
A lot of it is going to depend on what winch you get and controller, usefulness vs aesthetics as well. We regularly mount them directly on top of the bumper for easiest access.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
A lot of it is going to depend on what winch you get and controller, usefulness vs aesthetics as well. We regularly mount them directly on top of the bumper for easiest access.

I am thinking Warn VR or Zeon with synthetic line. I like the idea of the plug mounted to the top of the bumper via an extension like pictured below (less the scratches lol), but I'd like to explore hiding it under the hood as well.

vVcXEZO.jpg

mizeide

Michael - Owner Wanderlust Overland
Horrible lighting but you can see where we mounted the Warn controller on top of this Ironman, not too bad.

Attachments

• 2019-09-25 18.36.47.jpg
    2019-09-25 18.36.47.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 103

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Horrible lighting but you can see where we mounted the Warn controller on top of this Ironman, not too bad.

I had considered leaving the controller mounted off on the side of the winch and simply reaching down through the top access of the bumper to connect and disconnect the remote. That will keep everything hidden and protected.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I finally got around to breaking down the stock wheel/tire setup so that I could have the TPMS installed in the 285's/SCS wheels. I definitely love the beefier look but a BMC is 100% necessary with this -10mm offset. I will be taking the truck in to Duggy's later this week for a BMC and he will adjust the front coil overs up another 1/2" as well. Tires went from a 255/70/18 (32.1x10x18) on stock wheels to a 285/70/17 (32.8x11.2x17) on 17x8.5" wheels with 4.30" of BS and a -10mm offset. Hand calculations over 130 miles of 80/20 hwy/twn driving show a small decrease of less than 0.5mpg in fuel economy (16.4 mpg), if that holds up I will more than pleased.I'll be sure to update the pics once the coil overs have been adjusted.

kAHQdiw.jpg

ufpeC7m.jpg

uOxGbkn.jpg

2ytV6fa.jpg

nickw

Adventurer
I finally got around to breaking down the stock wheel/tire setup so that I could have the TPMS installed in the 285's/SCS wheels. I definitely love the beefier look but a BMC is 100% necessary with this -10mm offset. I will be taking the truck in to Duggy's later this week for a BMC and he will adjust the front coil overs up another 1/2" as well. Tires went from a 255/70/18 (32.1x10x18) on stock wheels to a 285/70/17 (32.8x11.2x17) on 17x8.5" wheels with 4.30" of BS and a -10mm offset. Hand calculations over 130 miles of 80/20 hwy/twn driving show a small decrease of less than 0.5mpg in fuel economy (16.4 mpg), if that holds up I will more than pleased.I'll be sure to update the pics once the coil overs have been adjusted.

kAHQdiw.jpg

ufpeC7m.jpg

uOxGbkn.jpg

2ytV6fa.jpg
You thinking some mudflaps to keep those tires from throwing stuff up the side of your rig? Great tire size, I'm thinking of the same for my Ranger.

Are those "real" beadlocks?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
You thinking some mudflaps to keep those tires from throwing stuff up the side of your rig? Great tire size, I'm thinking of the same for my Ranger.

Are those "real" beadlocks?

The rear has mud flaps still and the front is pretty much protected on the bottom by the body side plastic cladding lol. The sliders will help once I trim up the sides as well but nothing can be done about what gets flung straight up and honestly I don't care.

No, SCS does not make real bead locks, these have some what of a faux bead lock look but not really.

gxout

Great looking truck!! I'm in the process of trying to figure out what lift I want to do and similar to you I still want it to be a comfortable daily. Did you ever look at Dobinsons MMR? I know Treaty Oak is here in Houston and a big distributor of Dobinsons. It seems a lot of people recommend that kit and didn't know if you knew of any pros/cons vs the Ironman FCP.

Thanks,

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Great looking truck!! I'm in the process of trying to figure out what lift I want to do and similar to you I still want it to be a comfortable daily. Did you ever look at Dobinsons MMR? I know Treaty Oak is here in Houston and a big distributor of Dobinsons. It seems a lot of people recommend that kit and didn't know if you knew of any pros/cons vs the Ironman FCP.

Thanks,

I considered the MMR's as well and I felt that the FCP, based upon talking to those with the kit, would be a better everyday option. The sale at the time didn't hurt either. Go for the new MMR's so that we can get some feedback on them for further comparison. I am in the Houston area as well.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Took the truck in this morning for a BMC and front coil adjustment, surprisingly they got another full inch out of the front coil overs. I think it looks much better now since it no longer looks ass high. There's no longer any rub on the body mount and there's plenty of room should I want to move up to a 34" tire in the future.

F4OoCoa.jpg

dabdcGM.jpg

OSnksbV.jpg

ITTOG

You're right, it does look a lot better. I did the same to my F-150 and it also improve the look.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
***Bumper update***

To keep a long story short, I think I was in the beginning stages of a scam. Needless to say, the Ironman isn't coming. I got my money back but I am now back to square one in regards to a bumper. PM me if you care to know more about the characters involved. Not sure if I am going to move forward with an Ironman, ARB, or wait for the CBI Hybrid now, giving me options always makes things more difficult lol.

A few quick photos I snapped after leaving the hardware store today. I love the new stance but I need to cut some more plastic off of this girl, it's just too much and I hate it. Sliders and a front bumper can't come soon enough.

7OkMply.jpg

xNim1FJ.jpg

SoTxAg06

That sucks about the bumper. Im kind of liking the hybrid the more I look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk