The Belafonte - aka "Poor man's EarthRoamer" Ambulance Build

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
That is one of the advantages of a truck camper of one style or another. The ability to drop camp in 5 minutes and be off on another trip.

I think that's the same with an ambulance though, I've gone some mornings in extremely cold whether where we didn't need to get out of the ambulance at all because there's no break-down, you just start driving. I don't leave stuff outside the vehicle (or even take much out at all, really) though, so maybe a trailer fits better when you want to set up lots of stuff around the campsite.

This is the most "set up" I usually do, except for when I break out the solar panel, so I'm sure it just depends on what you want exactly. No one thing is right. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387961663.728552.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLynn85

Explorer
Sorry, didn't mean to launch into a discussion of the merits of one vehicle over another. Lord knows we've tried several variations on the theme, and really thought we nailed it this time. And in truth, in many ways we have.

As Mountainunicycler points out, there is very little setup/teardown in general, to the point where we've felt bad on a few occasions, while everyone else is packing up and putting away, we just put our chairs away, lock the bed in, and leave.

CLynn85

Explorer
Sorry to here that you are not happy with the Ambo.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the Ambo, overall. It definitely has a lot of advantages and we've really bonded with it. We just are taking a step back to look at what our needs really are over the next couple years, and it just might not be the right answer.

steelheadbum

Adventurer
To far away dang it but I'll let some folks know.
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven