The Dodgemahal AKA Exploring Elements EEXP is FOR SALE! - 2001 Dodge Ram Cummins w/ XP Cube Camper

Down2Mob

This is an incredibly bitter sweet moment as I post the Dodgemahal, formerly known as the EEXP, and my home for the past year, for sale. Bryon of Exploring Elements built this truck back in 2014 where it debuted in SEMA. I planned to own it a lot longer, and I put everything I had into it so that she would be a reliable home on wheels. The truck just had over $8k worth of work done in the past month, and is absolutely dialed in. As I was getting it ready for the next leg of my travels, I started working on a great opportunity to build a new rig with some sponsors. I feel like I have to take this opportunity, and since I can only drive one at a time, the Dodgemahal is for sale! Enough ******** chat, here are some details, but all the info and a lot more pictures, and links to media coverage the rig has had can be seen at Down2Mob.com

2001 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins w/ XP Cube Fiberglass Camper - $45,000
191k miles

20191218_112927.jpg

Vehicle Dimensions: 8’7″ tall, 22’5″ long and 7′ wide
MPG: 14 avg
191k miles

TRUCK
Exterior Modifications-
  • Buckstop front bumper w/ PIAA LED fog lights and LED Rounds, hilift Jack w/ custom cover
  • Warn 16.5ti winch with Factor 55 ProLink XXL winch thimble
  • Icon 2.5” remote reservoir adjustable shocks all the way around
  • Hellwig 3,500 lb overload helper springs & rear sway bar
  • Toyo Open Country M/T 35” tires
  • 17” Method “Standard” Wheels
  • Viair 150psi continous onboard Air system paried w/ UpDown Air - fill all 4 tires at once!
  • OPT7 Quantum RGB Color changing Rock Lights front and rear, controlled via remote in the cab
  • ARB front diff cover
  • ARB diff breather kit
  • Full stainless steel Borla exhaust
  • Maxtrax sand ladders
  • 4 2-gallon Roto-Pax diesel fuel cells
  • XP Adjustable aluminum rear bumper, XP storage boxes on the flat bed
  • custom aluminum roof rack that can be arranged many different ways to haul multiple bikes, kayaks, etc.
  • 52” Nilight light bar on the front, and 42” on the sides, controlled via relay switches in the cab
  • DRL Projector Headlight housing’s w/ AUXBEAM 6500k LED Head light’s
  • 4×4 Posi-Lock front axle engagement system
  • EGR braided Kevlar brake lines
Interior-
  • Custom heated Wet-Okole Seat Covers
  • Edge CTS Monitor
  • UNIDEN CB radio w/ PA and magnetic roof Antenna
  • Kenwood Bluetooth Deck equipped w/ Satellite radio
  • 6 switch relay system for Rooftop lighting, Switch also operates onboard air and has an open port for optional rear lighting
  • Back seats removed and custom deck built w/ dog platform and spare tire storage

20191218_114448.jpg

20191219_102539.jpg

CAMPER
Weight- 1,289 lbs (weighed when manufactured)
Amenities-
  • Reico Titan electric actuator roof raising system on remote control (provides 6’5” interior height when lifted), Pop-top tent features zippered windows/bug screens/Velcroed privacy covers
  • Dometic exterior legless awning
  • Seitz dual pane acrylic windows w/ bug screens and privacy blackout shades
  • Large Dometic opening roof hatch w/ blackout curtain
  • Two-way Maxxfan roof vent fan
  • Full sized (54”x75”) bed (3” thick cushions feature a 1” memory foam on top), spacious 3 sided dinette
  • 30 gallon fresh water tank with electric pump feeding a Spinflow interior sink system & exterior shower
  • Dometic CFX95 Dual Zone Fridge/Freezer
  • Blackstone 17” Griddle w/ 20lb propane plumbed to the side storage
  • 255 watt solar panel paired
  • ePever 40a MPPT Solar Charge controller
  • 125 amp/hr AGM Deep cycle house battery
  • 1000 watt Xantrex sine wave inverter
  • Blue Sea engine battery isolator to keep the camper system charged when the motor is running
  • Webasto Dual-Top diesel hot water & air heater system (currently not working and needs serviced or replaced)
  • LED interior lighting
  • 6 12v USB outlets
  • Torklift Glow Step accordion camper steps
  • Exterior Solar Lighting controlled via remote
Construction- Fiberglass & structural foam core panels seemed together to create a monocoque structure, on a steel frame (in order to attach it to the vehicle)
Mount- 2 solid mounts up front (at original truck bed mount locations) with a custom single central pivot in the back (this 3 point system allows the vehicle to flex under the camper while offroading)

20191219_102705.jpg

20191219_000524.jpg

SERVICE RECORD

The Dodgemahal just had over $8k worth of work done in Arizona where she will stay until sold. The truck runs absolutely perfect and was being setup for another 150k miles on the road, until my plans changed. I now have opportunities to build a new truck with some sponsors so the Mahal must find a new home. The following work has just been done to the truck:
  • New Turbo installed - 12/10/2019 - @191k miles
  • New exhaust manifold installed - 12/10/2019 - @191k miles
  • Transmission rebuilt with new pressure sensor solenoids, filter, fluid, overdrive clutches, and overdrive solenoid, as well as all 5 cooler lines replaced - 11/22/2019 - @191kmiles
  • New injection pump (not rebuilt) and Lift pump installed, entire fuel system replaced September 2019 @188k miles
  • New power steering pump, with hydro boost lines installed May 2019 @180k miles
  • New steering gear and frame stiffener installed 11/04/2019 @191k miles
  • New vacuum pump installed 12/10/2019 - @191k miles
  • New track bar installed 11/04/2019 @191k miles
  • New sway bar end links installed 11/04/2019 @191k miles
  • New Air filter installed 12/18/2019 @191k miles
  • New driver regulator installed 12/10/2019 - @191k miles
  • Front u joint replaced installed 11/04/2019 @191k miles
  • New E brake cables installed installed 12/10/2019 @191k miles
  • New premium rotors and pads installed March 2019 @174k miles
  • Alignment done 11/4/2019 - @191k miles
  • Oil Changed every 5k miles, last oil change 1 month ago @ 191,286 miles
  • Passed emissions 05/17/2019

The vehicle is currently located in Scottsdale, Arizona where it will likely stay until sold.
Give me a call or send me an inquiry through Down2Mob.com if you have any questions but PLEASE, serious inquiries only. Phil (602) 751-2501

20191218_111933.jpg

20191218_112544.jpg

RacerAV

Dude, I’m excited for you! Can’t wait to see the next phase. I do miss your bike on the back of the rig though lol. I use the Switch Hauler now on my Jeep and love it. You should give that one a try!
If you need a Velcro morale patch sponsor on the new rig, lol, let me know! My little side business at sayagainover.com is here for you dude! We ARE down to mob! Lol...

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Been an awesome rig/cabin package. What are the external dimensions on the camper?

Climberclimb

Observer
End of one awesome story and the beginning of another epic adventure I am sure! I will miss seeing you wheel the Mahal. Good luck with the sale! Cheers

Down2Mob

Yes sir it is! I am sad to see it go as it has been an amazing home on wheels for me, but like you said, big things coming! Thank you

RacerAV - ya I miss riding the dirtbike too but its nice to have less weight for sure. I will have to check out that rack and I'll send you a DM on instagram about the patches!

thirdminor

Man!! What a year you've had with this rig! Cant wait to follow you next adventure. Good Luck on sale. One day I may see you on the trail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater