The ExPo Mountain Bike Photo Thread

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the info. We just had freezing rain that glazed everything at sea level with and inch of ice. Biking has been good with the 300 studded Hakkas. I'm looking at the dillinger and a freddyz revenge Hakka in a 2.3 vs the 2.1s that I run now.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
How do the nokian studs attach? I was curious about the 45nrth tires losing their studs as they are just "press" fit into the holes...they look like tiny shell casings with the lips holding them in...I guess I would have thought they screwed in or something

Gooseberry

Explorer
Nice video Gooseberry! I am a Spearfish fan myself. I love how it is predictable and feels as good on hour 11 as it did on hour 1.

Horsethief is another amazing ride though. You can show to a new trail on the Horsethief and confidently know it will lead you to the end. You should put it on your short list to try if you haven't yet.

Those bikes will be arriving to dealers come Christmas time. Put them on your list!

Thanks again for the video and kind words!

Adventure by Bike!

I wanted to try a Horsethief but they are unable to get me a demo tell march and at the moment I only have the pugsly to ride but its hard to keep up with fast guys on the climbs so it looks like its Spearfish 2 with the 1 build kit( I wanted the orange bike) I do find it funny that they did get the spearfish demo real quick and thats the bike they feel works best ?

The shop owner feels for our type of riding the spearfish is a good all rounded ride and that the horsethief was a bit much to climb with and we have climbs.

Btw that is about 18 miles in on a 36 mile ride.

Last edited:

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
How do the nokian studs attach? I was curious about the 45nrth tires losing their studs as they are just "press" fit into the holes...they look like tiny shell casings with the lips holding them in...I guess I would have thought they screwed in or something

Same way as the 45nrth tires. Some are Aluminum with a carbide center or mild steel with carbide. With the Hakkas they say to give them a light brake in period, riding on dry pavement to wear the rubber down around the studs and toughen up the rubber so they don’t get pushed out in hard use. In all my years I may skid once or twice a year for fun and have not lost a stud yet, but others have reported that the studs come out too easy and have a supply of studs that they can press in at home.

bluedog

Adventurer
qapa7e3a.jpg
Last ride of our month long road trip. Pretty much all town hill back to Durango.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
GAP trail a few months ago. Looking forward to riding the entire 334 miles from DC to Pittsburg in the Spring

image.jpg

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Yes it is. It connects to the C&O Canal trail, providing 334 miles of gravel riding from DC to Pittsburg.

Looks great...
I used to ride the erie canal trail out of Syracuse
There was also an old railroad grade a few miles from where I grew up in Mexico, NY...my first mountain bike adventures were on those trails...
Good memories.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Well the first kind of counts. I recently redid an old storage closet and turned it into a bike/tool shed. The second photo was from a ride last month around grapevine lake on north shore trail.

Gooseberry

Explorer
Dam I hate this and pissed that Salsa is taking for ever to get the Spearfish and Horsethief out. I need a new bike fix oh maybe Ill try a krampus if salsa pushes it out again.

Its what I get for selling my bike I know.

cactusjk

Explorer
Feel your pain. Waiting on a 2014 Beargrease I ordered!

Dam I hate this and pissed that Salsa is taking for ever to get the Spearfish and Horsethief out. I need a new bike fix oh maybe Ill try a krampus if salsa pushes it out again.

Its what I get for selling my bike I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk