The GRIZZLY

kcowyo

ExPo Original
For expeditions to Iraq and Afghanistan - Blackwater USA Armored Vehicle

"Blackwater presents the GRIZZLY™ – the world’s only Armored Personnel Carrier intended to counter the most lethal threats in the modern urban combat environment. The passenger compartment walls are angled to deflect the deadly blast waves produced by mines, rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs) and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). The Blackwater High Threat Armor Protection System is engineered to defeat projectiles up to .50 caliber and to provide an IED-survivable envelope."

pic_armored.jpg

gage092879

Observer
don't get your hopes up. i have been around many of these kind of things. they do good on the pavement. not off road.

robert

Expedition Leader
Blackwater trying to get more .gov money by reinventing the wheel.

The Buffalo has been in theater for a while now and is a proven design that will work offroad- although it's too heavy for actual "offroading" http://www.forceprotection.net/

It is a very impressive piece of equipment (doesn't hurt that they are made here in SC either :) )

TxRider

Observer
I was at the DSEI show in London this year, there were a whole lot of similar vehicles there. Seems companies around the world are trying to sell up armored transport vehicles. Most didn't look like something I'd go wheeling in though there were a few exceptions.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
gage092879 said:
don't get your hopes up. i have been around many of these kind of things. they do good on the pavement. not off road.

Exactly. Just like the USMC's new MRAPS... mostly only good on road...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal