The little Freightliner that could

flylow4500

Observer
I picked the truck up this week and drove it for a couple days. The ride is much better than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised that it rides a lot like my 4500 with rear Kelderman 4 bag. The transmission shifts very nice, much better than older Alison transmissions. The power is pretty impressive and I'm sure it will really shine with some weight behind it. The Centramatic wheel balancers did not fit over the front drums so I set the cruise at 65mph which felt good and stable with little vibration. Now that I have seen the wheel and axle I have a good idea what model of balancer will fit and hope it will allow me 70mph cruise. Pictures don't do it justice it is TALL!

The Truck is at a crane shop getting a Palfinger PK6501 crane. Hopefully I'll be bringing it home it a couple weeks!

Picture is from palfinger.com

Last edited:

HMT

You should add a Tesla Powerwall to the trailer to soak up some of the extra generator juice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flylow4500

Observer
The battery bank on the trailer has twice the capacity of the 10kwh tesla wall. The tesla has a lot more cycles though. The PV array will be 1500 watts.

The crane has a reach of 36' 4" so it will reach any tire on the truck and will load a flatbed behind the truck. The crane has four hydraulic extending boom sections. The max weight it can pick is 6834#s, 1410#s at 24' and 904#s at 36' 4". I think it will make a great rope swing at the lake. :)

flylow4500

Observer
The five seats for this truck arrived after a long boat ride. Now I can sleep that they are here undamaged. :)

The seats are heated and cooled air ride with tons of adjustment. Not your standard American trucker seat!

flylow4500

Observer
They feel like 150lbs but I'm not as strong as I once was. The spec sheet says 83-89lbs based on bottom bracket and options.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
so you'll be fitting a flatbed to the back of the truck, as well be hauling a trailer? will the trailer be 5th wheel/goose neck or pintle? would be interesting to see an over grown version of a 5 axis hitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach