The little Freightliner that could

roamingbeast

greenhorn
Can I ask where you bought the wheels from?
I have a 2008 Workstar 4x4 that needs the same tires and wheels.
Any help would be great.
Your build so far is awesome.

flylow4500

Observer
Wow. Awesome rig. Love it.

Just an FYI though.

And imagine you already know it but you're not actually supposed to do any lifts over the front of the truck.

The only reason not to lift over the cab is the risk of damaging the cab. (careful employees are hard to find) I would rather lift heavy over the front than the side for stability reasons with this size of crane. Now if it was a big crane I would need front stabilizers to lift over the front. Remember this is a baby crane.

thezentree, it is a multi purpose rig that can do it all, from ranch duties to cross country road trips.
The wheels are Hutchinsons.

Observer
Only reason I mentioned it was ours have factory warnings restricting lifting zone.

They're strongest lift off the back. Not the front. Engine is counter weight.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
The five seats for this truck arrived after a long boat ride. Now I can sleep that they are here undamaged. :)

The seats are heated and cooled air ride with tons of adjustment. Not your standard American trucker seat!

What application are these from? Seat name?
I haven't seen them anywhere else, not even Recaro's site.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Last edited:

thezentree

pretend redneck
thezentree, it is a multi purpose rig that can do it all, from ranch duties to cross country road trips.
The wheels are Hutchinsons.

I just came across your trailer build thread and I see what you're going for now. That's a really cool rig.

flylow4500

Observer
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments, make sure you are sitting down when you ask for a price on the seats. Don't forget to add VAT tax, export charges, import charges and any other charge they can think of.

153624, It would depend on where the crane is mounted and how long and heavy the truck is., bottom line is that most stickers are thinking for the people who can't.

The bed weighs more than the engine and has more leverage on this truck, no need to calculate the moment with this size of crane on this particular truck.

Last edited:

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Might want to be laying down when getting the seat prices, lots closer to the floor.:Wow1: Nice build, hope to see some action pictures when done.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Well you can't get them from a U.S. Recaro dealer since it's a Euro seat. Guess Recaro HQ doesn't want straightforward global sales.

geckoadventure

Geckoadventure
OMG you always know there is a better and bigger Build than what you are doing to your RIG. Makes mine now look like im rebuilding a peddle car SOB.

Awesome

Is the crane for lifting PICKUPS outta your way lol.

Subscribed!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I see you're applying Colin Chapman's principles. ;)

Does the rig have a name yet? TaTonka??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater