The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

SoCalChaos

Observer
nice nice nice nice!
they look awesome :bowdown:
im just about done with FatMat'n and installing new OEM carpet in the front.
got the two tone grey seats last weekend
so when you're ready to ship'em let me know :jump:

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
it is a unit bearing from a small car. The only bearing I could find that had a minimal distance flange to flange, is inexpensive and robust enough for the application.
Cool thanks for that. I'll start looking in that direction.
For some reason I have been fixated on making a trailer bearing/hub/spindle work :snorkel:
I'm using Sienna seats as well for my fronts, but not the cool reclining Sienna seats:(

draaronr

Adventurer
any pictures of the distance between these middle seats and the row behind them? since yours is an EB are you losing a row in between? what about in an RB?

mgmetalworks

Explorer
any pictures of the distance between these middle seats and the row behind them? since yours is an EB are you losing a row in between? what about in an RB?

are these the pics you're looking for?
20130223_104514 (640x480).jpg
20130223_104426.jpg
I set up my van to get the most out of both rows of recliners and still have some room in the back for stuff. You could possibly pack them in tighter if you have a short-legged crew but in my opinion, this layout works well for all factors involved.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Now that I have succumbed to the laws of physics and accepted that the Sienna seats will not work in the freightliner I have a new set for sale (bugger because now the missus is eyeing off $800+ ea truck seats). New gray with wallyworld seat cover from the day they were picked up. Few little nicks on the plastic trim from being moved about. Also the drivers side seat has the slide mechanism removes.

$650 + freight. (yep that's what I paid for them).

PM if you need photos but I would prefer to leave the covers on them.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
It happened much sooner than I thought but I am sold out of the front seat mounts for putting Sienna seats in driver/passenger positions. I'm planning on making more soon as long as I can locate more of the ford seat slide track assemblies.

Some minor updates to the design will be made so the non-reclining (meaning no foot rest) Sienna seats will also work well with these mounts (See VANdiana build thread for pics of this style of seat). The first generation design did work with some modifications...the updated design will have the mods built in.

Please pm me if you're interested.

Last edited:

onsight512

Does anyone have photos of the Sienna seats, installed, in the front of the van? Are you happy with them? I put a pair of these in the second row for my kids, who seem very happy with them, but I wonder what they're like up front, especially for the driver.

thanks,
Chris

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Does anyone have photos of the Sienna seats, installed, in the front of the van? Are you happy with them? I put a pair of these in the second row for my kids, who seem very happy with them, but I wonder what they're like up front, especially for the driver.

thanks,
Chris

My suggestion is that you start reading this thread from the first page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad