The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Does anyone know if these seats can be mounted in an E450 shuttle bus base, that's been modified for passengers and wheelchairs?

Just bought this, will be a slow work in process to use for carrying passengers & gear south of border. Also looking for a more comfortable, adjustable driver's seat. (Not sure if that means searching local salvage yards or going to a place I found north of San Diego that seems to carry dozens of Ford seats.)

La Bus came with lots of heavy duty straps and attachment points for anchoring wheelchairs. Not sure if the attachments being fabricated by various businesses on ExPo will match up for the floor brackets/seats tho... I haven't peeked under the rubber floor mats yet.

Thanks for any Information/reccos!

image.jpg

image.jpg

(LaBajaBus owner as of March 3 2015)

mgmetalworks

Explorer
PRODUCTION!!!

20150306_102910 (1024x969).jpg

Man I love lasers and press brakes!!!

20150306_101933 (576x1024).jpg

Now the pressure is on me to prep all of the parts for powdercoating. In the mean time, I need to go all medieval on a couple Amazon vendors for claiming they had plenty of seat track slides when in fact they had zero.

I'll get these knocked out though. I'm not worried about finding the parts but I'm definitely using up a lot of my resourcefulness to make this batch happen.

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
Seems like the track slides are always your biggest hold up. Do you have plans on trying to fabricate your own at one point?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
PRODUCTION!!!

View attachment 274072

Man I love lasers and press brakes!!!

View attachment 274073

Way ************** to be able to see the process!

Guys, Sienna seats are the way to go. SOOO comfortable, and incredibly reasonably priced! I'm on my 2nd set(front and back) of cloth non-reclining, and just picked up 2 sets of leather recliners. Very thankful to you guys for dreaming up the Sienna's in a Ford, and for making the seat mount brackets happen.

PS--shameless plug; if anyone is looking for cloth Sienna's in near perfect condition, my 2 sets are now for sale http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/140019-FS-2011-Toyota-Sienna-2nd-row-captains-chairs-in-grey-cloth

RickM

Observer
I am working on the idea of setting up my ultimate family bike racing van rig and this is about to get me over the top to do so. Does anyone have a picture of how they securely mounted the back row seats a touch closer to the front seats. Our family is a bit smaller.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I am working on the idea of setting up my ultimate family bike racing van rig and this is about to get me over the top to do so. Does anyone have a picture of how they securely mounted the back row seats a touch closer to the front seats. Our family is a bit smaller.

Does this help Rick?
attachment.php

RickM

Observer
Well I bought my van today. A '13 E350 with 16K miles. Mine really will be mostly a tow vehicle so it is not getting to much of an off road look. 2" in front and a 1" towing setup in the rear, all from action van. Planning on some BFG AT's on something black for the wheels and tires.

That said, where are you guys sourcing the sienna seats? I saw some on Ebay but they were much more pricey.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
That said, where are you guys sourcing the sienna seats? I saw some on Ebay but they were much more pricey.

First post says "Warehouse Salvage in Indiana" - I would call them and ask how their supply is - also if they have any "second" quality ones...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad