The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

mgmetalworks

Explorer
I've sourced some locally via Craigslist. Found some on www.car-part.com. And of course Ebay.

Wheelchair van conversion companies are the source for most of what you find on Ebay and Craigslist. Look up companies in your area and give them a call.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Well I bought my van today. A '13 E350 with 16K miles. Mine really will be mostly a tow vehicle so it is not getting to much of an off road look. 2" in front and a 1" towing setup in the rear, all from action van. Planning on some BFG AT's on something black for the wheels and tires.

That said, where are you guys sourcing the sienna seats? I saw some on Ebay but they were much more pricey.

Congrats on the new van Rick.
What style/fabric are you looking for? I can help with an awesome source of brand new takeouts...

RickM

Observer
So here is a question. It appears that many of you are mounting these in different locations than the stock mounting locations. How I know drilling a simple hole is one way to mount these, but how are you doing so to meet safety standards?

Here is my point. I was planning on simply ordering the Ujoint offered mounting bracket and mounting up two seats. I am trying to maximize my storage space though. I was going to move the sienna seats to a position basically just between the front bench seat (2nd row) and and second bench seat (3rd row). Looking at the underside of the van yesterday, it appears that the factory brackets are mounted into a more structural cross member than simply being bolted to the sheet metal. I know that the mounting bracket will spread the load out some on the sheet metal, but would it make since to create a large bracing bracket for the underside of the cargo metal to provide a safe mount in case of an accident?

Thanks

RickM

Jeremy- Thanks for the contact info. Odds had it that this group is in Dallas for two car shows. I may have hit the jackpot.

EDIT: I spoke with Michael earlier via email and we got this figured out. I am actually go to basically make some under mount brackets, which are not going to be factory, and may not be the safest thing in the event of a collision. I am comfortable with my plan, but I want to take a second to suggest this is mine and my idea only. I want to avoid any potential liability exposure to Mgmetalworks.

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
So here is a question. It appears that many of you are mounting these in different locations than the stock mounting locations. How I know drilling a simple hole is one way to mount these, but how are you doing so to meet safety standards?

Here is my point. I was planning on simply ordering the Ujoint offered mounting bracket and mounting up two seats. I am trying to maximize my storage space though. I was going to move the sienna seats to a position basically just between the front bench seat (2nd row) and and second bench seat (3rd row). Looking at the underside of the van yesterday, it appears that the factory brackets are mounted into a more structural cross member than simply being bolted to the sheet metal. I know that the mounting bracket will spread the load out some on the sheet metal, but would it make since to create a large bracing bracket for the underside of the cargo metal to provide a safe mount in case of an accident?

Thanks

RickM

Jeremy- Thanks for the contact info. Odds had it that this group is in Dallas for two car shows. I may have hit the jackpot.

EDIT: I spoke with Michael earlier via email and we got this figured out. I am actually go to basically make some under mount brackets, which are not going to be factory, and may not be the safest thing in the event of a collision. I am comfortable with my plan, but I want to take a second to suggest this is mine and my idea only. I want to avoid any potential liability exposure to Mgmetalworks.

Great to hear on the seat source Rick!

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
I can vouch for the comfort of the cloth sienna seats conversion in the E350. The bases that MG fabricates are top notch and quality components. While we all know that there isn't a lot of room for these to swivel in the front, once you figure it out, the feature is great for picnics inside the van!

While I haven't gotten the bases for the second row seats, although the seats are sitting in the garage, I'm sure they are every bit as terrific. I actually want to get the seats installed sooner rather than later as my daughter graduated to a booster seat and I don't like her not having support behind her neck/head.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I can vouch for the comfort of the cloth sienna seats conversion in the E350. The bases that MG fabricates are top notch and quality components. While we all know that there isn't a lot of room for these to swivel in the front, once you figure it out, the feature is great for picnics inside the van!

While I haven't gotten the bases for the second row seats, although the seats are sitting in the garage, I'm sure they are every bit as terrific. I actually want to get the seats installed sooner rather than later as my daughter graduated to a booster seat and I don't like her not having support behind her neck/head.

<thumbup indeed!!>

limatangobravo

Observer
Are you still producing the sliding side door hinge extension? I just got my van back and I can only open my door up about 24". Makes it difficult to get the child units in and out. I would love to get one as soon as possible if you do. Danka, gracias, cheers.

draaronr

Adventurer
i picked up a chateau and it was converted with a wheelchair lift, well the wheelchair lift is gone and the seats are mostly back in. I am missing one factory middle row captains chair seat base, does anyone have one lying around they could part with?

fritz

Traveler
Installing Sienna seats in a Chevy Express AWD

Anyone try installing these seats in the driver and passenger position in a Chevy Express AWD?

Thanks

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Anyone try installing these seats in the driver and passenger position in a Chevy Express AWD?

Thanks

Not that I know of. A local GM van owner wanted to come over and have me check out the possibility of doing this but we haven't made that happen yet.

screwball48

Explorer
Any thoughts as to wether these seats could be used as the third row in an econoline?
44e07e086adf6ac886203db1bd6cd840.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

screwball48

Explorer
They are from a 2015 sienna. The same seller on eBay has a similar set of seats posed at the rear of the truck in the background and they spread about the same width as the tailgate of the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mgmetalworks

Explorer
A couple things to consider about those seats.

-Only the middle seat has an integrated seat belt. You'd have to come up with seat belts for the other two seats. Not impossible but also not trivial.
-The mounting flanges are different than either the recliner style seat or the 2nd row captains buckets. You'd have to come up with a new way to mount them, there isn't an "off the shelf" solution like there is for the other seats.

I think a guy could make them work if he really wanted to but I see it being quite a bit of effort (assuming they fit in the spot you want them. I don't think they'd fit between the wheel wells in an E-series).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad