The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

mgmetalworks

Explorer
I am cooking up some ideas for mounting with some of these tracks/hardware...

ALTwFitting_LG.jpg

Logistics track (L-track) is used for airline seats, bus seats and wheelchair tie downs in vans/buses. There are a couple different variations of this stuff. Some is cheap junk with no load rating and others are certified for use in transport applications. When you purchase these, make sure you're getting parts of known origin and the parts that are rated/certified.

RickM

Observer
I guess that is a thought. I was hoping to be able to move them without having to use tools. I guess I could rig up my seats on something like a cabinet drawer railing. Let the brakes/cargo position the seat!!

RickM

Observer
Interesting. I had never thought of that. That really is exactly what I would prefer. Reading his write up though to get those installed has me a touch worried. Maybe I am better off with the current plan. I would sure hate to wind up being the reason one of my passengers gets dead.

RickM

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I am cooking up some ideas for mounting with some of these tracks/hardware...

ALTwFitting_LG.jpg

Logistics track (L-track) is used for airline seats, bus seats and wheelchair tie downs in vans/buses. There are a couple different variations of this stuff. Some is cheap junk with no load rating and others are certified for use in transport applications. When you purchase these, make sure you're getting parts of known origin and the parts that are rated/certified.

Dohp, cat outta the bag now! :sombrero:

bdyer

Observer
I mounted 4 rear seats with Michaels mounts in the rear with that track. It worked great but I wanted to be able to get the seats in and out quickly so I replaced all 4 with the factory toyota slides. I Have four mounts if anyone is interested.

RickM

Observer
Ok. I am probably about 8 hours into this install with the ujoint bases. I did up the complexities on this though by adding some aftermarket slides under the ujoint bases. I have the passenger side seat to install which in theory should be easier as I wount be bear hugging the fuel cell. This is some serious work but it sure looks awesome. Pics when I'm finished.

RickM

Observer
Those mounts look sweet. I wish I was ready for that. I did finish up my back seats today though. I'm so thrilled with how this turned out. I will post up my pics tomorrow. I probably put 10 hours into this and did a lot of things throughout the process that I would definitely do differently but the end result was really awesome. I also got a ton of help from my 10 year old son which was an added bonding experience.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Those mounts look sweet. I wish I was ready for that. I did finish up my back seats today though. I'm so thrilled with how this turned out. I will post up my pics tomorrow. I probably put 10 hours into this and did a lot of things throughout the process that I would definitely do differently but the end result was really awesome. I also got a ton of help from my 10 year old son which was an added bonding experience.

:victory:

mgmetalworks

Explorer

Thank you! Sounds like you had a great weekend of van fun!!

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
MG - did you ever come up with something that slides to new positions using the L-Track? I'm thinking Ujoint mounts on the L-Track might really put my build together with fewer compromises for my two passenger seats.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
MG - did you ever come up with something that slides to new positions using the L-Track? I'm thinking Ujoint mounts on the L-Track might really put my build together with fewer compromises for my two passenger seats.

I have my L-track parts rounded up but haven't had a chance to do the install yet. I might mess around with the layout this weekend. There are a few quick-release mechanism designs bouncing around in my head but I'm not sure which one will work the best yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad