The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
I have my L-track parts rounded up but haven't had a chance to do the install yet. I might mess around with the layout this weekend. There are a few quick-release mechanism designs bouncing around in my head but I'm not sure which one will work the best yet.

Great to hear! I might call up that supplier and see what I can cook up myself. My bases from Ujoint should be here Thursday. Do you know what size bolt goes through the base? I'm assuming off the shelf quick release parts for L-Track won't fit between the Sienna seat and base and still be operable, correct?

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Is it possible to mount 3 toyota sienna seats in row, in say a sprinter van??? Is there enough room?

20130224_090125.jpg

My seats are about as wide apart as you can get. I doubt there is room to fit another seat between them. If you could squeeze one in, there would be no easy access to the back except the rear doors.

RickM

Observer
I took a stock seat slider to my bases from Ujoint. I wanted to be able to leave my 3rd row brackets in and mount my seats so that the kids can slide back and recline, then slide forward, put the third row in, and haul others around. The third row is now siting as my bench in my bike shop/garage BTW. Anyway. if I just took stock sliders, and wound up bending the "U" bar to fit the width of the Ujoint bases. it worked really well, and gave me probably about 10" of travel. If you do this however, I would highly recommend pulling the carpet, and leveling your floor somehow. The will make the "sliding" easier, as the grooves in the floor can get a touch in the way. That happened on mine, and one slide is a bit sticky as a result. Also remember, measure once, drill twice.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Great to hear! I might call up that supplier and see what I can cook up myself. My bases from Ujoint should be here Thursday. Do you know what size bolt goes through the base? I'm assuming off the shelf quick release parts for L-Track won't fit between the Sienna seat and base and still be operable, correct?

Mount is designed for a 3/8" bolt.

The L-track quick-release hardware looks really nice but I haven't had a vision yet for how to make it work. I'm trying to come up with a solution that will mate directly to the Ujoint seat base. If there's any chance of using off-the-shelf hardware, I'm all for it.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
I have a bag full of those for my project. Very nice quality.

I'm actually going to use L-track for a lot of things in my build. These fasteners will be more than adequate for bolting things down.

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
I have a bag full of those for my project. Very nice quality.

I'm actually going to use L-track for a lot of things in my build. These fasteners will be more than adequate for bolting things down.

Good to hear! I'm going to put in an order - are you bolting it down through plywood or just to the metal of the van? What grade 8 bolts have this beveled/flat head to secure the L-Track? The only red-flag that came up for me was that when I called earlier they didn't really have a handle of what type of hardware is available to secure the track to the van and suggested going to the local hardware store - which I can do...I just kind of exptected them to have a recommendation especially with the type of cargo they securing - especially seat belt anchors.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Looks like they offer two different bolts for mounting the L-tracks - one is 1/4-20 and the other is 5/16-16 - not sure which are required with what. They specify the counter sink angle for the head at 82 degrees.

L-Track Track Installation Hardware Kit 1/4" Bolts - 25pcs
Product Code: FE201005-25

Our Price: $44.45

This kit provides hardware to install Series L Track into vehicle floor. Bolts are 3” long with automotive grade plating, giving up to 10 times the corrosion resistance of standard zinc plated finishes. A special sealant is applied under the bolt head to provide a seal between the hole in the track and the bolt. The kit comes with 25 bolts, washers and lock nuts

L-Track Track Installation Hardware Kit 5/16" Bolts - 25 pcs
Product Code: FE201006-25

Our Price: $103.45

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
What grade 8 bolts have this beveled/flat head to secure the L-Track? The only red-flag that came up for me was that when I called earlier they didn't really have a handle of what type of hardware is available to secure the track to the van and suggested going to the local hardware store - which I can do...I just kind of exptected them to have a recommendation especially with the type of cargo they securing - especially seat belt anchors.

Scratch that - the hardware is on the website and looks up to par.

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
There are three alloys available for this L-Track, all T6: 6061, 6035, and 7075. From my limited understanding the 7075 should be the strongest. Thoughts?

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
Well - couldn't source Sure-Lok stuff so I had to go through Amazon and get something from Steadymate. It's 7075 as advertised and I hope that is indeed what I'm getting. Ordered other hardware from a cargo supply place. I'll post pics of what I come up with as I go. Wish me luck! Thanks for all of your input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad