The Tank Chair

Clutch

<---Pass
That is too cool, my dad sure could of used that a few years ago. He had a Polaris 6X6 to get around our property.

The tank chair would of been great for tight spaces.

TRXRacing

Observer
I asked a few months ago and they said an improved version was coming. I have broken several transaxles and drowned speed controls on my scooter. I got stuck a lot and even sawed off the wheelie bars.

A true all terrain chair would be a godsend.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Incredible chair!!
That will certainly change a lot of lives

+ d said:
i've often wondered why no one has hacked a segway into a wheel chair...

+d, the makers of the segway have and are also developing a wheel chair version. It is more urban friendly than the Tank Chair and is designed to walk up and down stairs, and suitible for use in homes and office buildings.

But the tank chair would blow it away offroad, that tank chair is surprisingly fast for how heavy it must be!

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
mcvickoffroad said:
...the makers of the segway have and are also developing a wheel chair version. It is more urban friendly than the Tank Chair and is designed to walk up and down stairs, and suitible for use in homes and office buildings.
Years ago (5 - 10), I saw a show on the discovery channel (or something similar) with a wheelchair that would "walk" up and down stairs, stand up on 2 tires (allowing access to higher countertops, etc), etc. It was pretty amazing to see someone sitting in the wheel chair, standing on 2 tires and catching large bags of flour (rice, beans, something?????) that were being tossed at him. The chair never fell over.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.dekaresearch.com/ibot.html

www.ibotnow.com

aboutibot_features_pic.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

A couple of weeks ago I was up in Flagstaff at NAU.........having my daughter take a tour of the campus.

Located at the admissions office where they start the tours from........

I spotted this thing! ~> TEAM MOUNTAIN GOAT

finish%20vehicle%20side.jpg

They claim there are the first ones to develope this kind of chair. Who Knows....but it was a fun find!

Maybe they could even take one on as a project for your loved one! Ya never know!

Check it out sometime if you are near NAU!

66Landy

Observer
Lower Cost Human Powered version and the first Pre-Segway

Before Segway PTU, the designer released a motor-powered wheelchair designed to climb stairs with soft slat wheels that would bend over the stair front. I haven't heard anything about it since then.

Also, there are other wheel chairs designed for light "off-road" use that are out there as well, such as this beach going model.

http://www.beachwheelchair.com/recreation.jpg

Our world is really opening up for those who face more challenges than they should have to.

stedler

mcvickoffroad said:
Wow! Incredible chair!!
That will certainly change a lot of lives

+d, the makers of the segway have and are also developing a wheel chair version. It is more urban friendly than the Tank Chair and is designed to walk up and down stairs, and suitible for use in homes and office buildings.

But the tank chair would blow it away offroad, that tank chair is surprisingly fast for how heavy it must be!

Haven't seen the segway chair that goes upstairs in a while, but they did release a chair that stands up on two wheels to bring the rider up to eye level when talking to people that is kind of cool.

I myself am disabled, though not to the extent that I want to be in a chair, I instead ride a Segway, you get a little excercise while riding and you have a bit more freedom.

Though Segway did release an offroad version of the Segway with ATV tires on it, I've always thought it would be cool to put something like the MattTrax on it. Although I imagine it would increase the weight quite a lot, I bet it would be a ton of fun on the beach and up in the mountains on hiking trails.

I just sent a message to the person who developed the chair to ask about that very thing. Then I could go four wheeling again.

Happy Holidays,

Stedler

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal