The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Bingo !

That and with additional base plates, the table and armature can be moved to other locations, such as outside :chef:

I like the Lagun table because it mounts to a vertical surface, has adjustable height, and can swing from one area to another. (Out of the way, to cooking, to eating, to computer table.)

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
I vote for outside corner of the camper :sombrero:

Yes, this is a great discussion !

BTW, it was Soenke's camper where I first saw that sailboat table support...

I am thinking of a mount on the bumper!

(Or the outside corner of the camper.)

This is getting good...

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Any other sources for Lagun?

The place you originally linked to does not seem to have the additional brackets.

Edit: Did a little more research and SV HotWire looks legit. Will give them a call about additional brackets.

Last edited:

pods8

Explorer
Thanks for the link. I will keep that in mind if I change my idea for a table.

I like the Lagun table because it mounts to a vertical surface, has adjustable height, and can swing from one area to another. (Out of the way, to cooking, to eating, to computer table.)

I like the looks of it too but based on my dinette configuration I want a base mount that is where the seqouia model had appeal.

Base mount desired to accommodate this configuration:
Interior2.jpg

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
That was the link that Herr Soenke provided and I could move around the page before, but for some reason cannot today... The SV HotWire link I found by trying to locate a source a little closer to home.

(If you are calling folks, I wonder if the other site (Cascade Depot) would elaborate on the meaning of "Lagun Style" ? - if it really is the one made in Sweden, then it might be worth the savings ?)

Any other sources for Lagun?

The place you originally linked to does not seem to have the additional brackets.

Edit: Did a little more research and SV HotWire looks legit. Will give them a call about additional brackets.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
That was the link that Herr Soenke provided and I could move around the page before, but for some reason cannot today... The SV HotWire link I found by trying to locate a source a little closer to home.

(If you are calling folks, I wonder if the other site (Cascade Depot) would elaborate on the meaning of "Lagun Style" ? - if it really is the one made in Sweden, then it might be worth the savings ?)

I called SV HotWire, talked to a very nice lady who was very helpful. She said additional mounting brackets were $58.95, although she was not sure if they had them in stock. She did say that it was time to be placing an order from Sweden, so more would be coming. I asked if she knew how much the whole system weighed, so she went and weighed it for me, just under 10 pounds. I would feel very good about ordering from them, their prices for the Lagun are also cheeper than the converted prices on the German website.

I also called Cascade Depot, no answer. It does say their (copy) is made by Springfield Marine, I looked up their website, and they are not making stuff in Sweden.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I vote for outside corner of the camper :sombrero:

From looking at the pictures it looks like the table "leg" could be used upside down. This means that mounted to the rear of the camper the table could be used at a comfortable eating height. It would not be as strong, but I rarely eat 125 lbs (load rating of table) in one sitting.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Looks like the good vibe you were getting before calling was working.

Glad to hear you were able to compare pricing with the German website - just could not get it to work for whatever reason...

I went back and looked more closely at Cascade Depot and also saw the Springfield Marine reference, but going to their site could not find this apparent replica, although they do make a stainless steel version that does not move like the Lagun as it is more of a piece of curved tubing on a clamp arrangement.

It's looking like the SV HotWire one is a better bet albeit a bit more costly.

I called SV HotWire, talked to a very nice lady who was very helpful. She said additional mounting brackets were $58.95, although she was not sure if they had them in stock. She did say that it was time to be placing an order from Sweden, so more would be coming. I asked if she knew how much the whole system weighed, so she went and weighed it for me, just under 10 pounds. I would feel very good about ordering from them, their prices for the Lagun are also cheeper than the converted prices on the German website.

I also called Cascade Depot, no answer. It does say their (copy) is made by Springfield Marine, I looked up their website, and they are not making stuff in Sweden.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
I think you are right about being able to flip it over and have the leg extending upward to the base plate, with the table in a lower position rather than a higher one.

It's probably good to avoid eating 125 lbs in one sitting and break it into maybe a main meal and then a snack before bedtime :chef:

From looking at the pictures it looks like the table "leg" could be used upside down. This means that mounted to the rear of the camper the table could be used at a comfortable eating height. It would not be as strong, but I rarely eat 125 lbs (load rating of table) in one sitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk