The Toyota Land Cruiser Is Coming Back To America

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Can't wait for 8PM (CT) tonight! Although I need to figure out where it's airing live.

T-Willy

They nailed it with the 1958 base spec 250.

- Simple clean interior, cloth manual seats, no needless complexity
- Full time 4WD with standard locking center and rear differentials
- Hybrid powertrain with 27 mpg combined (this is remarkable, especially for remote touring)
- Land Cruiser capability, durability, reliability and longevity
- Same wheelbase and very similar dimensions to the 80 series
- Low to mid $50K price point (speculated)

This is it. Unless they blow it on payload, this is the no-frills, capable, reliable, and reasonably priced utility wagon that Grenadier promised and Defender simply missed.

nickw

Adventurer
I like it. Love all the room inside (for essentially a midsize). No idea why they’d continue to produce 4Runners.

Yeah - lots of cross-over with 4 runner now, I don't see the logic either.

Do we have any specs on axles? Guessing since this is based off the GX550 and the GX550 is a downsized version of the LX600 it's going to follow the same logics as the LC200 vs GX460 and get the Prado/4runner/Tacoma drivetrain which is the 8/8.x" diffs vs the 9/9.5" stuff but with the new Tacoma coming out and Toyota moving to a global platform who knows.

It looks more like a "Landcruiser" Prado than a "Landcruiser" proper and is priced accordingly....I still like it though! The interior is slick with it's old school looking seat material and it looks to have really good visibility over the hood.

nickw

Adventurer

- Hybrid powertrain with 27 mpg combined (this is remarkable, especially for remote touring)

This is it. Unless they blow it on payload, this is the no-frills, capable, reliable, and reasonably priced utility wagon that Grenadier promised and Defender simply missed.
Yeah - if this has Payload numbers close to the Grenadier the IG is DOA from a practical perspective...

sn_85

Observer

I think you made the right comparison. If you're trying to compare this to a 200 series or 300 series then you'll be disappointed. If however you're comparing it to the Defender or IG then I think its a big win at tens of thousands less. I like a lot of the features that Ineos has but its still an unknown quantity. The beauty with a Toyota product is if there is an issue I can take to any of the umpteen thousand dealers throughout the US to get it serviced.

Dougnuts

I think this is a big win for Toyota. I'm betting they'll have the same supply/demand problem that the Bronco has had, for a number of years.

I'm excited for the configurator to go live and see how cheaply one can be purchased with softex or leather seats. Optimal, for me, would be the 1958 edition with softex seats and the best audio available.

jaxyaks

Adventurer
I like it. Love all the room inside (for essentially a midsize). No idea why they’d continue to produce 4Runners.

The new LC is not that much different in size than the 200 Series it replaced.

Compared with its predecessor, the new LC is 1.2 inches shorter at 193.7 inches long, but the two have an identical 111.2-inch wheelbase. Both versions are also 78 inches wide, but the new one is just under an inch shorter at 73.2 inches tall.

K9LTW

The new LC is not that much different in size than the 200 Series it replaced.

Compared with its predecessor, the new LC is 1.2 inches shorter at 193.7 inches long, but the two have an identical 111.2-inch wheelbase. Both versions are also 78 inches wide, but the new one is just under an inch shorter at 73.2 inches tall.
I'm eager to maybe see one at Expo East (fingers crossed) as I want to crawl around inside. Due to the battery pack it looks like a really high floor in back. We were dead set on buying an '18+ 200 this winter/next Spring, but may very well hold out and see if we can get into a '24 for nearly the same coin if it checks the right boxes for us. I've no issue scouring the entire country for a dealership that doesn't want to get stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk