The Unnamed - 2019 Ram Power Wagon Build

St8ton

Nice build!

Quick question on the RSI cap, is there a way to secure the rear hatch if you are sleeping inside?

I've also heard the initially there were some issues with the push style latches freezing shut in cold weather due to moisture, have you run into this issue?
The current latch design only allows for locking outside of the cap. You could get a buddy to lock you in. ;)

And my latches haven't frozen. But I also keep them lubricated, which likely helps...and I live in the south.

dstock

Explorer
The current latch design only allows for locking outside of the cap. You could get a buddy to lock you in. ;)

And my latches haven't frozen. But I also keep them lubricated, which likely helps...and I live in the south.

Haha, it's my "buddies" I'm worried about doing just that!

I really like the RSI cap, I'm sure I could figure a way to secure the hatch, just wish they had used a better latch design for those of us who want to sleep inside. Not necessarily a deal breaker, thanks for the info.

Zuber

Anyone have a tip for an LED dimmer? I want to put too much light inside my canopy, but be able to turn it down.

St8ton

Anyone have a tip for an LED dimmer? I want to put too much light inside my canopy, but be able to turn it down.
Buy the kit I posted above, it has a dimmer built in.

And post this kind of stuff in general lighting forum, not my build page.

St8ton

Hows the power and mpgs with the 37s?
Power is good, no complaints here. Mpg’s are 9-11 around town and 11-14 on interstate In the configuration currently shown below.
2B3YEezl.jpg

dstock

Explorer
Looks great! Are the lock covers a Smartcap option or something you found?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

flingwing

wow, awesome build post, I just discovered it and enjoyed each page. Kudos!

very curious about what canopy is pictured in the last post.

Etoimos

Observer
@St8ton did you have to use the HardKorr extension cable kit with the three way splitter to run all your SmartCap lights, or did you just plug one into the other? Also, does your one one dimmer switch dim all three lights, or do you have a dimmer attached to each one. Finally, have you tried putting multiple on-off-dimmer switches in your setup? I'm wondering if it is possible to be able to turn all three on from any of the SmartCap window locations.

St8ton

@St8ton did you have to use the HardKorr extension cable kit with the three way splitter to run all your SmartCap lights, or did you just plug one into the other? Also, does your one one dimmer switch dim all three lights, or do you have a dimmer attached to each one. Finally, have you tried putting multiple on-off-dimmer switches in your setup? I'm wondering if it is possible to be able to turn all three on from any of the SmartCap window locations.
No extension cables were used with the way I have them setup. Each one is linked to the next, one dimmer controls them all. I don't want multiple dimmers; I use one location to turn them on/off/dim.

Etoimos

Observer
No extension cables were used with the way I have them setup. Each one is linked to the next, one dimmer controls them all. I don't want multiple dimmers; I use one location to turn them on/off/dim.

Thanks for the additional info on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78