The Ute & Intro _ E350

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Hey, -Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been tinkering on a backcountry/tow rig for the last few weeks and thought I'd share. It's barely started but changing shape enough to qualify I guess.

I moved back to the states in early September and picked this up in Louisville, KY when I landed. It took 48hrs to get up to Boise and then a couple weeks to do the conversion before I started work again on the 21st. Progress has slowed, but had one good trip up Usal Rd. two weeks ago.

A manual transmission, roof patio, winch, air bags, and an electronics package are on the to-do list for the winter.

Cheers and any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Nate

MVC-512S.jpg

MVC-513S.jpg

MVC-514S.jpg

MVC-516S.jpg

MVC-518S.jpg

MVC-522S.jpg

CIMG0031.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

CIMG0033.jpg

CIMG0050.jpg

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
I like!

Quick question: does the stove right above the fridge have much affect on the fridge temps? I can understand the location for plumbing propane.

-Chris

dsw4x4

Adventurer
That turned out sweet i tossed around the idea of converting a Ambulance but I did not think you could ever really get away from that look but you did a sweet job of shedding the look. I love the way you trimmed the back up at an angle. I will be interested in seeing how you cram a clutch pedal in there. I do not think ford ever put a manual in that body style. I looked into putting a manual in my old van but that is stopped me from doing it.
Good luck and I can't wit to see how the rest turns out.
You need to post this in the van section.
Derek

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Much praise dude....a fabulous looking creation. I can't say I typically visualize what people are talking about when the terms "ambulance conversion" and "cool" are used in conjunction...you have changed my mind profoundly.

Cheers.

Spence

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
Yeah the first couple pics, I was thinking, "Whaaa? Granola-hippie...." then it turned into an awesome ute!
That's a killer build and what a great idea! It looks great, I love the angled rear too. It's totally transformed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl