Titan spare tire replacement fuel tank

Carrying a camper so don't want to lift it up any higher.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Just saw that in profile.

I have an Outfitter Apex 9.5 very similar to the Hallmark. I would not give up the spare with a truck camper unless willing to mount on the front.

I assume you don't want an in bed tank in front of camper. Again can get a tank were you can go fully across the bed and as slim as 7 in.

If that's the case a saddle tank might be an option.

Doing a fuel cell install on a Tacoma

Yeah have thought about a skinny cross bed and pushing the camper back a little too. I do have a front hitch and not against carrying the spare up there.

Of course looking at adding a winch so that adds another dynamic

Yeah have thought about a skinny cross bed and pushing the camper back a little too. I do have a front hitch and not against carrying the spare up there.

Of course looking at adding a winch so that adds another dynamic

I would do the skinny cross and KISS. The slide backwards is not a big deal and yes with this big a camper a belly tank sort of defeats the purpose of a pop up but it could still be done. If max fuel capacity were the goal the belly tank is the best option. A pre mfd. Aux tank for the Ford should be readily available as a kit.

So far the skinniest cross I've found is 9" which is pretty minimal to push the camper back. Would add about 30gal which doubles my capacity. Not looking to drive cross-country without fueling but adding more range would be helpful (also makes the wife less nervous). The extended cab is what really limits me for the bigger replacement tanks, they only make them for the double cabs. Plus they hang down a few inches lower than the frame and I'm not a big fan of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues