To make up for loosing my Mojo... M101cdn military trailer

dusm

Nice trailer!!!
If anyone knows of an M101 in good shape on the eastcoast let me know all I've found one with some rot in the corners in NY

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Look at Jason's work @ Cruisin' Offroad. Well priced and located in Chilliwack.

I followed up with Jason, and you are correct, his prices are good. I am likely getting a set of wider fenders made up and am considering the tailgate mod, but I am not 100% on the gate. Lid...local friend is probably making me one!! I still think a "Trailer" meet is a good call this spring!

Greg

Abitibi

Explorer
Hey guys!

Since getting myself a RTT I kinda had to build a base for it. I needed it done before heading out to Flagstaff so the aluminum shell wasn't an option as we already have too many projects on the go.

I ended up starting a plywood and fiberglass box instead. It won't be as pretty or light but it will be Practical and large!
46479779-a102-dc87.jpg

I'm using 3/4" ply as I had some on hand and it will be stupidly strong. I'll coat it with Fiberglas for additional strength and waterproofing plus Gelcoat inside out.

I'll use stainless piano hinge at the front so that I can carry oversized items if needed with box partially opened.

Since Fiberglas doesn't like 90 degree corners I built jointers. It doesn't show on the pics but a little router love rounded those corners nicely!
46479779-a0a9-7722.jpg

46479779-a149-1239.jpg

So far the box is done, just need to set up the Fiberglas booth...
46479779-a08a-90d7.jpg

46479779-a174-bd19.jpg

I'm also hoping to hear back from RubiconFan for a second set of original wheels... ;-)

Cheers
Mr. D

Last edited:

Dools

Wanderer
For an update, no go on the aluminum lid.

If you are stuck for a second set of wheels I have a set that I could let go.

Abitibi

Explorer
Gotink,
Very nice meeting you and thanks again for those wheels, they're perfect! Make sure to post some pictures of your trailer as well, sounds like quite the toy!

Cheers
Mr. D

Abitibi

Explorer
Turns out I wasn't convinced on my first lid attempt so I made some modifications.

I cut 3" off the height and instead of having the lid's sidewall overlap I have them sit on top of the trailer. I just added some small wings at the bottom of the lid to stop it from moving and also got a 4' long 2" (open) stainless hinge for the front.

Last night I started with the fiberglass on the inside corners to solidify it and gelcoat the entire inside. Next step will be fiberglass on all of the outside followed again by gelcoat. I'm thinking of getting it gray...

8eb379dd-522c-d458.jpg

8eb379dd-5242-8a15.jpg

8eb379dd-51b7-d7fb.jpg

8eb379dd-51c5-0e22.jpg

8eb379dd-5209-ccaf.jpg

Cheers
Mr. D

gotink

Observer
It was nice meeting you also....I'm horrible about putting up build pages, I will try and put it up when it's done....shouldn't be much longer till I'm happy with it..

Gotink,
Very nice meeting you and thanks again for those wheels, they're perfect! Make sure to post some pictures of your trailer as well, sounds like quite the toy!

Cheers
Mr. D

Abitibi

Explorer
Still slowly working on the lid which is basically done now, just need to install the front piano hinge and deal with the struts and locking latches at the rear. At least the fiberglass and Gelco paint is all done!

Here's a few pictures just before finishing it off...

464793b9-31a8-b5f3.jpg

464793b9-3181-e48e.jpg

Next pictures the damn lid will be on the trailer!

Cheers
Mr. D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven