Toyota Landcruiser, overland custom build, Seattle

Advo

*** SOLD ***

The base is a 1987 FJ60 Landcruiser. All work done by professional shops. $80k was spent on the powertrain alone.

V8 350 Chevy crate motor with Edelbrock fuel injection, Shorty headers, High flow cat, 200 amp alternator, dual battery, NV 4500 5 speed, Orion built by Advanced Adapters HD transfer case, Custom built axles with built Dana 60 chrome moly axles (not Dynatrac) 1-ton axle and ARB air lockers front and rear, Old Man Emu Shocks and springs in rear + extra leafs, custom coilover suspension in front, HD diff covers, disc brakes front and rear, stainless and chrome exhaust.
Heavy duty roof rack, Piaa lights front rear and sides, ARB flair kit, Warn winches front and rear, grill guard, bull and nerf bars, swing away spare tire. Full interior roll cage, Recaro front seats with custom waterproof covers, GPS, CD, CB, Police scanners, 2 power inverters, rear storage drawers, extra drawer system not pictured with padding to make an inside bed, gun safe, auto door locks, alarm, stereo with amplifier, panel interiors sprayed for rust prevention, shatterproof glass, heaters in back, sound deadener. The black is bedliner material. Street driven, never off-roaded.
My favorite is the automatic locks.
Considering partial trades like a Landcruiser that's less extreme, offroad trailer, small boat, who knows. May be able to deliver anywhere in North America or maybe Central America.

LC Expo 1.jpg LC Expo 2.jpg LC Expo 6.jpg LC Expo 5.jpg LC Expo 7.jpg LC Expo 8.jpg LC Expo 3.jpg LC Expo 4.jpg

Last edited:

TheJosh

Explorer
There is no way he spent $80,000 on that powertrain. He must have meant $8,000.

Yeah I agree. $8,000 I can believe but no freaking way there is $80k in there on that drive train

A lot of other things are suspect on this truck. The rear leafs look original and are completely rusted. All the other suspension components look stock besides the shocks.

What purpose was it to cage the interior? The truck seems set up pretty mild
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

AxleIke

Adventurer
I can't see 80k but those axles alone are more than 8. Price out Dynatrac's stuff. Its up there. Couple that with a shop's labor rates to build a linked front suspension on coilovers, I'd guess a couple grand in engine and transmission, and labor to do all that, I'd bet its pretty up there. Plus, I don't know what an advanced adapters HD transfer case is, but if its an Atlas, thats at least 2 more.

Having a shop build that truck is what would cost. That is a LOT of labor.

80k seems like what the original owner may have paid for the entire build.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
plenty of HP/torque in the 350
Atlas is plenty tough
Dynatrac alxes are serious and the front and rear ARB's make it very nice
Roll cage is a bit much but maybe on a "dangerous drives" episode it would look right

But what I don't get is the "never drive off road".....WHAT? You spend that kind of money and you don't even let it play in it's natural habitat....sad, truly sad :(

Advo

I got some info from the shop that did most of the work. This vehicle is the product of an elderly gentleman. He travelled alone a lot and was into photography, not mudding. The axles are built Dana 60's that have chrome moly axles. The transfer case is an Orion, built by Advance Adapters.

Anybody interested buyers want more pictures of something specific?

Last edited:

jds0912

Adventurer
I dont know what you guys are flapping about, that rig seems like a winner. New leaves and some bigger tires and that thing could roll over everything. Don't know what kind of transfer case that is, but I like the Dynatrak 60's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven