Toyota releases extra tough Land Cruiser GX for Australia

Matto

Observer
You know, I can distinctly remember saying "hopefully not to re-start the he-said-she-said again...". Maybe I was too optimistic. :coffee:

Cheers guys - enjoy your weekend!
Matto :)

355over113

Any explanation given will defy both logic and reason.

Haha -- I got curious after I posted that and googled a bit about it. I found the IH8MUD threads on the subject, but am still reading up. My initial impression is that importing THIS vehicle would be IMPOSSIBLE, right? Not enough loopholes in the world to make it happen?

TexGX

Explorer
The Prado is already in the states. It is just badged a Lexus GX, gas engine put in and dolled up. The new GX460 is a great truck but, is very overpriced. It is about $10,000 more then the GX470 sold for. I loved the Prado platform so I bought a 2004 Lexus GX470. Same truck as the last model Prado with a nicer interior.

TexGX

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
this is a stripped LC200 with some off road extras that they labeled "GX", not a Prado.

TexGX

Explorer
Pedro,

Thanks for the correction. Strip down like that and named GX, I thought that it was a Prado. I will have to look closer next time.

TexGX

Clutch

<---Pass
Funny thread. No matter what the model number aren't they all Toyotas? Which is good...no?

Hey, why don't you guys like barn doors? I have owned both styles...I dunno I kinda prefer barn doors over a tailgate, enables a person to get in closer to grab gear.

For roughly the price of a 200 you can get the TLC guys to throw a 60's body on a 80's chassis for all guys worried about fashion/function.

IMG_2632.jpg

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Funny thread. No matter what the model number aren't they all Toyotas? Which is good...no?

Hey, why don't you guys like barn doors? I have owned both styles...I dunno I kinda prefer barn doors over a tailgate, enables a person to get in closer to grab gear.

For roughly the price of a 200 you can get the TLC guys to throw a 60's body on a 80's chassis for all guys worried about fashion/function.

View attachment 86082

Funny but for way less you can get that. See my build thread! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven