Trailer brake controler

sbwrench

Observer
What kind of electric brake control are you using? I have a 2006 Jeep Unlimted Rubicon with a Mopar accesory trailer tow wire harness and need a electric brake control now. The harness is a 7 way rv plug and has a blue wire for the electric brakes.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I'm looking at the Tekonsha P3. Just a little bit better than the Prodige. The main thing I'm interested is I need to mount it close to a 70° angle, the Prodige's limit. I'm worried that if I then drive down a steep hill, it will be past it's max tilt range. I'm worried that if I then drive down a steep hill, it will be past it's max tilt range. The P3 is good for 180 degrees.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
The Prodigy is really the standard most others are judged by.

I used to have a proportional style controller from draw-tite, and the prodigy is 100,000X better for most driving conditions. You never really know it's on until you have to stop and you don't have it on (my trailer harness came unplugged one time).

-

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
eTrailer is a great company to buy from. You can get everything you need and diagrams too.

Tekonsha P3

REasley

Adventurer
Thanks for the links. Has anybody wired one up in a Jeep?

There is not really any wiring to do. When you purchase your controller, ask for the adapter to fit Chrysler vehicles. It is a simple plug that will mate to a plug that's under your dash. Once you're controller is plugged in, the blue wire in your 7 way is live.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Yeah, as long as you have the adapter in your jeep, it's super easy. I didn't have it in my old ranger, and it took a couple of hours to hook up, but it still wasn't that bad. If you don't have one of those plugs, let me know and I"ll upload a wiring diagram that I had from when I did my install.

-

Toolman

Explorer
prodigy p3 :smiley_drive:

it mounts under the steering column of my TJ perfectly easy access and out of the way. If I had pics I would show them.. but I don't... so I can't so I won't
great unit

Dezdan

Observer
prodigy p3 :smiley_drive:

it mounts under the steering column of my TJ perfectly easy access and out of the way. If I had pics I would show them.. but I don't... so I can't so I won't
great unit
Did your TJ have the factory plug stashed under the dash?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3