Trailer Build for Expedition UTV

93Cummins

Observer
Very nice build. I have a two axle and a single axle Bosski trailer that I tow behind my Can Am Commander 1000 or my Yamaha Grizzly 700. My two axle trailer has legs added to the top so that it can be a sleeping platform when open. I have a double wide Cot Tent that I use, but the previous owner did use the platform to sleep on. My two axle also has electronic brakes on one axle. The controller is mounted in the trailer and connects to the tail light circuit on the Sid by side or quad. It's nice to have the brakes on down hills with a full load. Prevents the trailer from pushing or swapping ends.

bmzero

Observer
Very nice build. I have a two axle and a single axle Bosski trailer that I tow behind my Can Am Commander 1000 or my Yamaha Grizzly 700. My two axle trailer has legs added to the top so that it can be a sleeping platform when open. I have a double wide Cot Tent that I use, but the previous owner did use the platform to sleep on. My two axle also has electronic brakes on one axle. The controller is mounted in the trailer and connects to the tail light circuit on the Sid by side or quad. It's nice to have the brakes on down hills with a full load. Prevents the trailer from pushing or swapping ends.

Yes, I completely agree about the brakes.

We will be developing an ultra-light adventure trailer specifically for the UTV market soon. It will help with the pushing you mentioned, but it will definitely still have brakes on the trailer.

Do you have any photos of your setup? I would love to add them to a new part of the site I'm developing on the www.expeditionutv.com site.

93Cummins

Observer
Some photos of the trailers I use with my Quads and SxS. The two axle trailer is the one with brakes and was used on a long X country trip.

Last edited:

rjmarkham

Great looking project. I'm looking at doing the same thing but starting out with a harbor freight aluminum framed trailer and boxing it in. The question I have is I'm looking for a lightweight material to build the tub out of. I started thinking about using aluminum honeycomb panels, super light and really strong, since I have experience with aerospace. The problem is I'm not able to locate any within a price range I can afford. So do you guys have ideas for a lightweight panel material?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy