Trailer HAM Radio Base Camp Install

Re who makes it...

What was the manufacturer of the flag pole? I couldn't see it in your photos...
based on that white hitch mount I would likely say that it is this manufacturer: http://www.excelsails.com/college.htm#T5-21

Great Idea for the basecamp antenna; perfect application; I would highly recommend that you put a lightning arrestor on that antenna coax since you are elevating a metal rod into the air. Just peace of mind and my .02

Cheers

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Sorry just got back into town and on the computer. Went alright. I ended up being able to hit the Mt. Laguna repeater.. but that was the only one. I figured that was good though for where we were. I also reached someone up near Mt. Laguna , 4000ft.. on Simplex.. he said i was coming in stronger than i was on the repeater. Which i thought that was pretty awesome. Lastly, i had one of the guys leave their radio on all the way down the canyon and i could still hit them down to the last river crossing from Sheep Cyn Camp.

So all in all im happy. It did what i wanted it too. I tried getting on the other freq's but i couldn't hit any of them for some dang reason.

img9937r.jpg

Last edited:

taugust

Adventurer
I'm glad it worked. I would be interested in hearing which repeaters you tried and which you couldn't hit from that location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven