TrekboxX Drawer System Group Buy!!!

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
That system looks kick @ss.
Gotta love the finish look on this drawer system...
I dont have an 80 or a 100 or a 200 series, so Im out... already build my own, but weight should not be a factor on a system like this... I think it should go without saying.. when I build my own I took weight into consideration, and also adjusted my coil springs accordingly.... as stated once you have a bumper with swingouts and a 45 LRT on board.. a couple of hundred pounds make little to no difference..
Best of luck on your new venture......

southpier

Expedition Leader
Sure, weight is always a consideration. It's just been my experience that many folks don't blink at 400 lbs in tires, 200 lb bumpers, winches, roof racks, super heavy rooftop tents, etc, but with a drawer or cargo setup 50 lbs heavier than the next guy is hard to swallow. Maybe it's because they're just not as sexy!

or you don't need all of the aforementioned either.

you really can't post an ad and then get defensive when people make objective observations. well, you can, but why?

it's a nice set up and I think it's great you're willing to cut a deal on the cost for members. that doesn't make it weigh less.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Wow, thats nice, but $2200, plus add-ons? Wowza.

That would buy a lot of gas and street tacos south of the border...to each their own, i guess.

94Discovery

Adventurer
Sure, weight is always a consideration. It's just been my experience that many folks don't blink at 400 lbs in tires, 200 lb bumpers, winches, roof racks, super heavy rooftop tents, etc, but with a drawer or cargo setup 50 lbs heavier than the next guy is hard to swallow. Maybe it's because they're just not as sexy!
So what is different from the next guy ? Not everyone is looking for bling

hoser

Explorer
Group buy price is comparable to ARB's pricing, and those are selling like hot cakes. Weight is also comparable.

Cheers to David for coming up with a quality product.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Ditto hoser's post: Kudos to David for coming up with a well thought out product and for keeping it made in the USA!

Regarding "expensive": To me this infers the same item can be purchased for considerably less.

I've also found folks using the term "expensive" to mean "it's out of my budget/financial means".

Regardless, I am not aware of any similar product offering...let alone one that allows the term "expensive" to describe this product...currently on the market.

Disclosure: I'm not related to David and/or TrekboxX in any way. Just a guy that is happy to see more quality choices in the marketplace.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Ditto hoser's post: Kudos to David for coming up with a well thought out product and for keeping it made in the USA!

Regarding "expensive": To me this infers the same item can be purchased for considerably less.

I've also found folks using the term "expensive" to mean "it's out of my budget/financial means".

Regardless, I am not aware of any similar product offering...let alone one that allows the term "expensive" to describe this product...currently on the market.

Disclosure: I'm not related to David and/or TrekboxX in any way. Just a guy that is happy to see more quality choices in the marketplace.

1. It's true, I don't have the budget for a $3000.00 set of drawers.
2. What's also true is that I've travelled the world, and a $3000.00 set of drawers is not required
3. I think these $3000.00 drawers are very nice, akin to an investment grade upland shotgun. Then again a $250.00 Big 5 Mossburg 500 will do the same thing. :)
4. Ih8mud is FULL of quality, quality, quality drawer builds in 40's, 60's, 80's, 100's, prado's, 1st gen 4runners, etc, etc that are a fraction of the cost, built with a little elbow grease or maybe via networking with a good woodworker/cabinet maker. I just looked at one who got RAVE reviews from those on mud and his build cost was less than $300.00. I know, i know, Line-X coating, 300lb slides, etc, etc. I got my 400lb HD slides from a friend demo'ing a hardware store, who knew I was looking for some. [shrug]
5. I'm NOT knocking those who spend their money on such things. I think I was just surprised that normal plywood drawers would go for so much $. Like I said, to each his own. :)

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Hey guys- sorry I was away most of the day. We're moving into a new house and I had to make a run to Line-X, yadda yadda. Hoser & spressomon- good lookin out, thanks.

Listen guys, yes, they're heavier than things that are lighter. I'm not getting "defensive", but I will defend a product that I spent an entire year and tens of thousands to develop. I believe in it. I'm not sure what you want me to say. I looked into skeletonizing them to save weight, but it turns out the weight saved would be quite little for a lot of machining costs. If they are too heavy for your taste, I'm sorry. I'd hate to lose a future customer.

I'm not going to bash any competition. A comparison may make it on to the website when I can come up for air, but for now I'll let you make your own decisions. The differences are fairly obvious. These are not "normal plywood drawers." If "normal plywood drawers" are all you need, then have at it! I love to build my own stuff and absolutely encourage others to do the same. I am hoping to also offer hardware- slides, etc., for those that want to build their own. I'm not against it at all.

BIGdaddy- I've traveled the world as well, and truth be told you don't need a vehicle at all. This is about what people want, not what they need. I used to bomb some pretty hairy trails in a Saturn! And while I don't agree with your gun analogy (a Trekboxx actually does offer things unavailable elsewhere), I understand what you're saying. But I'm an 870 guy:)

Skennedy

Adventurer
Very interested in a version for a JK with the subwoofer left in place....keep us posted I'm sure a JK version would sell well to the jeep market.

OverlandX

these are exactly what I have been waiting for in a drawer system. Its nice to see someone taking the time to make quality products, that have an excellent fit and finish. I will gladly pay for quality. Let me know when you have the system for 80 ready for sale.
-Will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online