TrekboxX Drawer System Group Buy!!!

Moody

Needs to get out more
I really, really, really, like the drawer system. This, coming from a guy that has the ARB Drawers.

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Thanks guys! I know it's hard to make such a large purchase without seeing it in person or at least some unbiased reviews. There will be a system at 100's in the Hills this year. Be on the lookout for what folks have to say...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys! I know it's hard to make such a large purchase without seeing it in person or at least some unbiased reviews. There will be a system at 100's in the Hills this year. Be on the lookout for what folks have to say...

Too bad you cant make it to OEX East or the Appalchain Rendzevous (Both in NC) this fall.... :/ Even if not as a vendor but a participant for a show and tell.

TrekboxX

Yeah, I hoping that as we get some traction in the marketplace, they can all be write-offs! However, with a 15 mo old, a full time job, a relocation, and another baby due in November, this year is fairly booked. But I can still hope... :)

TrekboxX

It will take some time. Each model needs to be measured, designed, produced, tested, and re-designed if necessary. I'm just trying to focus on the few existing products for a short while until the kinks are worked out. Stay tuned!

Ramjet

Explorer
This system is epic. It not only shows ingenuity but problem solving. I've built my own drawer system and I can say that it is not easy getting everything you like built into it. The time and labor, not including the cost of materials, can get expensive. Great work. I look forward to seeing this evolve over time and wish you best of success on your new adventure. Cheers.

RobRed

Explorer
I really, really, really, like the drawer system. This, coming from a guy that has the ARB Drawers.

I have the ARB / OS drawers as well.

I have seen the system in the field and now I'm trying to figure out how to dump my existing drawers for the Trekboxx. They are that well thought out.

zimm

Expedition Leader
The LC doesn't notice a couple hundred pounds. Besides, unless you're spending $$$ on some fancy aluminum or composite design, the quality and robustness require a bit of weight.

it looks like a cool system, and i have the original AO. but there are some things to consider.

the payload of a 100 is 1470 pounds. 207 pounds becomes significant when you add on other items like bumpers, jacks, recovery gear...

me.

RTT 120 pounds
skids, steel, 150 pounds
sliders, steel 100 pounds
front bumper, with guard 150 pounds
rear bumper, tire carrier 100 pounds
jack 40 pounds
front winch 90 (synth)
rear winch 90 (synth)
tools and recovery gear parts 150 lbs

2 people 350 lbs

my old AO drawers are steel and id guess were 100 pounds. i carried the box by the plastic shipping strap one handed so they couldnt have been 200.

subtract 100 for losing the rear seats.

with fuel that put me at the limit, and i really felt it. i had airbags in the rear until i went to HD springs, bars.

of all the stuff on the list, the drawers are the handiest for every day use, but the first things i would ditch because they are a luxury. everything else at some point was necessary.

207 pounds is a person and is beyond significant, when you can achieve similar results with canvas tool bags if need be. weight is always a key consideration when designing a system that works well. i dont think it ought to be played down like a foolish comment.

TrekboxX

I'm not saying it's a foolish comment, but these drawer systems are what they are. What type of reply are you looking for? They are heavier than some other systems, and definitely heavier than canvas bags or plastic bins. The quality and robustness isn't free- you pay for it in cost and weight. No, they are not necessary. They are a luxury, a convenience, and a SAFETY item. ALL drawers/cargo barriers in my opinion add a large measure of safety when they do their job and contain your cargo, especially in a crash. In my opinion (and others) they are constructed very well and they give me piece of mind when traveling with hundreds of pounds of gear directly behind my 15 month old son's head. Would the OS or homemade systems provide the same level of safety for less weight? Probably, or at least close. I can't afford to crash 2 100's to find out. Are they constructed with the same attention to detail and build quality? You be the judge, and only you can decide if those factors even matter to you. Some guys are perfectly happy rolling around with drawers made from sap covered 2x4's and OSB, I'm not. You need to look at the options and make your own decisions. A far as your gear list, everyone's is different. I, for one, think rooftop tents are "neat", but would probably never own one. 120 lbs for a tent? Mine is about 4 lbs. My wife has also already said "no way" to the idea of climbing down a ladder to use the restroom at night. And I have no interest in rolling around with a 120lb sail on my roof nor do I want to put it on and take it off for each trip. But that's just me. If you like it- awesome. Not everyone needs a rear winch and skid plates to explore in these vehicles, but may have a use for a well thought out drawer system. Weight is a key consideration in anything, and you have to "weigh" your options and their importance to you.

TrekboxX

Ha! Ok, more to the point, the group buy ends tomorrow. Any late comers to the party, just shoot me a pm of your interest. For those of you attending 100's in the Hills, there will be a system there for you to check out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online