Truck door won’t stay propped open

ryan626

Adventurer
Truck door won?t stay propped open

Every time I open the door to my truck it wants to close itself. Even in situations where you would think the door would be more inclined to stay open (such as parked on a slight decline) the door will close itself. I?m assuming that the plastic on the propping mechanism has just worn out due to use. Does anyone else have this problem or better yet has anyone come up with a solution?
________
Nexium Withdraw

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Every time I open the door to my truck it wants to close itself. Even in situations where you would think the door would be more inclined to stay open (such as parked on a slight decline) the door will close itself. I’m assuming that the plastic on the propping mechanism has just worn out due to use. Does anyone else have this problem or better yet has anyone come up with a solution?

Might help to know the year and model of the vehicle in question.

I'd suggest replacing the door prop (whatever that piece is called.)

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
I have these hinges on my 01 Taco:
doorhingeassmlowres5.jpg

And unless I park with the front of the truck facing downhill I have to use one of these wrapped around my bullbar to hold the doors open:
DSC00513.jpg

:ylsmoke:

Cackalak Han

Explorer
My 01 doesn't do this. Weird. But even if it did, I wouldn't think much of it, since rarely do I need the door to stay propped open. Maybe stick one of those stress balls in the hinges for the times you do want it open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3