Trying to figure out which trailer to buy - Family of 4

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I paid 29k all in including shipping and all the fees for using an importer and transport. Only pay $45 for 5 years in California registration due to the size. I had no concerns since I did my due diligence and everything ended up as promised.

Can't see the quality difference being worth close to 3x the price is all I am saying.

Don't get me wrong I think you got a great deal for one of the better quality china builds from what you say is a company that doesn't pay slave wages. ( I do kind of wonder about that as how can they compete with the slave labor factories). But you have to add at least 5k for the extra time you spent pulling off this deal.

The raw materials alone of the Kingdom MX 16
cost considerably more then your whole trailer so thier is no comparison is all I am saying.

rehammer81

Are you willing to consider a used high end trailer that it sounds like you would probably not be willing to pay for new? There is a 2014 Kimberley Karavan on here for sale right now. Under $60k and brand new it would cost you $100k+ at today's prices. New it was probably $80k+.

Unused bunk bed setup to go with a queen bed. Air suspension. Tons of power and solar. Wet bath. Hard walls but compact to tow and store due to the unique pop-up design. Shorter than 22ft. Kimberley has a rock solid reputation. Driver's side entry and outdoor amenities but that shouldn't be an issue at all if you prefer dispersed camping instead organized campgrounds designed around North America passenger side orientation. If one of these had been available at that price when I was ready to buy I would have grab it.

Runmorun

Don't get me wrong I think you got a great deal for one of the better quality china builds from what you say is a company that doesn't pay slave wages. ( I do kind of wonder about that as how can they compete with the slave labor factories). But you have to add at least 5k for the extra time you spent pulling off this deal.

The raw materials alone of the Kingdom MX 16
cost considerably more then your whole trailer so thier is no comparison is all I am saying

If you say so

Yes different strokes for different folks. I guess being such a weight weenie metal boxes with tent canvas and low hanging entry entry door right in front of the wheel never was a consideration. Just joshing you man.

I am surprised your NJ is that light. I assumed you confirmed that wieght. How thick are your aluminum side walls. Is it just one layer? Or is there some sort of insulation? My rig has minimal insulation (3 season) for sure but yours must be worse? Assuming the chassis is galvanized carbon steel and that heavy suspension I would think it would be heavier.

My Trail Marker is 2,700 dry but that includes awining and two propane tanks. Mine is two feet longer, I bit wider and close to two feet taller.

Runmorun

I am surprised your NJ is that light. I assumed you confirmed that wieght. How thick are your aluminum side walls. Is it just one layer? Or is there some sort of insulation? My rig has minimal insulation (3 season) for sure but yours must be worse? Assuming the chassis is galvanized carbon steel and that heavy suspension I would think it would be heavier.

My Trail Marker is 2,700 dry but that includes awining and two propane tanks. Mine is two feet longer, I bit wider and close to two feet taller.

Yep weight confirmed 3300 dry. 40 gallon water tank and propane bring it to 3640 all full.

Insulation is 2 inches thick. Outer aluminum skin is 1 layer of roughly 1/16 inch T6 6061. If you want pics of my build send me a pm.

Oh it's 4 season with insulation in the walls, but we don't do much when it's freezing or below so we didn't get the cold weather water system. But will work fine in freezing temps just can't use on board water system.

Runmorun

So my wife and I watched a ton of videos and I will say that the UEV 14, if I can find one, does check all the boxes. I am not sure others experience there but the layout and capabilities are awesome. The right slot between function and easy living.

Have you considered the Conqueror Falcon. All in including shipping, and tax to the west coast looking at less than 50k.

I think ROA offers these as well, but not sure.

Yep weight confirmed 3300 dry. 40 gallon water tank and propane bring it to 3640 all full.

Insulation is 2 inches thick. Outer aluminum skin is 1 layer of roughly 1/16 inch T6 6061. If you want pics of my build send me a pm.

Oh it's 4 season with insulation in the walls, but we don't do much when it's freezing or below so we didn't get the cold weather water system. But will work fine in freezing temps just can't use on board water system.

OK I stand corrected that is much better insulation then mine. Is the chassis galvanized steel? Did it come with lithium and solar? Frig is tiny did you upgrade? What's the gvwr? You are 500 pounds heavier.

Have you considered the Conqueror Falcon. All in including shipping, and tax to the west coast looking at less than 50k.

I think ROA offers these as well, but not sure.

ROA has a demo that is branded as a Tribe for 55k. They are supposed to be updating but my guess is roa won't carry them. No near the quality of the NJstar. Looks like a nightmare but I guess I could be wrong

Runmorun

OK I stand corrected that is much better insulation then mine. Is the chassis galvanized steel? Did it come with lithium and solar? Frig is tiny did you upgrade? What's the gvwr? You are 500 pounds heavier.

No lithium since shipping from overseas would have been a lot more. 350 watts of solar and 240ah of battery life.

We have the freezer instead of a fridge which works well for us since we get our proteins delivered frozen. We are getting a plug in fridge the same size for the next trip to keep outside.

Runmorun

So that solar and Lithium is another 3-5k over your 29k cost?

Solar was as equipped, they do a 400w setup now for the same price. keep the rig outside so batteries are always full. I have no issues using the agm batteries until they are ready to be replaced, they do the job. We usually bring a 2500 watt generator and 5 gallons of gas and diesel for the heater just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk