tsb leaves+ome885=255/85r16

just got the tsb leaves installed today and was wondering if i put the 885's on the front will these tires work on stock wheels. "work" meaning on road 90% of the time. off road will consist of well roads and logging roads. no rocks.

i understand that there will be a front to rear rake but i like that look. some rubbing on the frame would be accepted but i dont want to cut my truck up to make tires fit just yet.

i have also looked at 235/85r16 btu was wondering if they would look to small.

opinions please.

thanks
jake.

p.s. 2008 DC 4WD

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
I'm 99% sure you will run into no issues. TacoDoc is running stock wheels with same sized tires.

IMO though 235's look pretty good too and a bit cheaper I believe. Also better gas mileage, although if gas stays at this price! :friday:

-Max

i'm not so much concrned with the stock wheels as i am with clearence issues on the front and back. i feel confident that the front will clear with 885's but will i have issues in the back? i realize that the new springs will settle but it is a cosiderable looking difference ( did not measure). what i guess im saying is i would like a little more reassurance as far as the rear of the truck goes. thanks for the input.

jake

dodecagon2000

Adventurer
I have 886 coils up front and dakars in the rear and i have no rubbing on stock rims with 255/85/16s copper st

Attachments

• IMG_0240_2.JPG
    IMG_0240_2.JPG
    687.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0245_2.JPG
    IMG_0245_2.JPG
    545.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    497.7 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    573.7 KB · Views: 339

FshTaco99

Adventurer
Personally, with expo affiliated travel the rear rake look isn't so bad. One will usually have a bed full, a cap or camper. With the weight in the back all that's going to happen is the rear will level out. When I venture up the PA to camp that what I always catch...Guys with "lifted" trucks that look great level. BUT, once one adds an ATV, camper shell, 500 pounds of gear the rear always sags and he or she will complain about dragging the bumper around all day. I will be lifting my rear at the least an inch higher to compensate for the never-ending mess scattered in my bad. Just my two cents.

i personally dont mind the rear rake, i just dont want to rub on the rear fender. i'm wondring if 235 and 885 may be the way to go. is there a difference in lift height between the 885 and 886 or is it just different spring rates?

thanks
jake

Overland Hadley

on a journey
hillbillyjake said:
i personally dont mind the rear rake, i just dont want to rub on the rear fender. i'm wondring if 235 and 885 may be the way to go. is there a difference in lift height between the 885 and 886 or is it just different spring rates?

thanks
jake

Same amount of height, just differant weight ratings.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
FshTaco99 said:
Personally, with expo affiliated travel the rear rake look isn't so bad. One will usually have a bed full, a cap or camper. With the weight in the back all that's going to happen is the rear will level out. When I venture up the PA to camp that what I always catch...Guys with "lifted" trucks that look great level. BUT, once one adds an ATV, camper shell, 500 pounds of gear the rear always sags and he or she will complain about dragging the bumper around all day. I will be lifting my rear at the least an inch higher to compensate for the never-ending mess scattered in my bad. Just my two cents.

I think that if you put OME on the front and just have the TSB 4 leaf pack (not dakars) in the back the rake would be the other way, high in the front and low in the back.

When I had the TSB pack installed it did give a nice lift, but they settled back to near stock heigh very quickly. So now I have OME!

If you are going to put OME up front, I would say you will want to also do the rears.

MGRS

Hadley-

Low much will 885s raise the front end?

Also, if a person plans on raising the rear end as well, would it be better to forget about the TSB leaves and just add and aftermarket?

i may just try the 885 up front andn see what they look like. if they dont look very good then get a wheelers 3 leaf pack for the back if just the front coils dont work out. thanks for all the good info.

jake

Overland Hadley

on a journey
MGRS said:
Hadley-

Low much will 885s raise the front end?

Also, if a person plans on raising the rear end as well, would it be better to forget about the TSB leaves and just add and aftermarket?

The OME lifts the front 1.75" (+/-)

The TSB is free, so might be worth it if you want to try it. But I found that while they gave some lift to start with, they quickly settled down to something near stock height. If you are going to have a "expedition" weight truck then you will need to have Dakars. You will be riding the bumpstops with the TSB leaf pack.

rolled a 235/85 on a 6" wheel up next to my truck today. i think this is the way im going to go right now with the 885 front/tsb rear. then maybe my next set of tires i will go to the 255's. thanks for the info. when i get my springs/ tires i will try to post som pictures.

jake

Overland Hadley

on a journey
hillbillyjake said:
rolled a 235/85 on a 6" wheel up next to my truck today. i think this is the way im going to go right now with the 885 front/tsb rear. then maybe my next set of tires i will go to the 255's. thanks for the info. when i get my springs/ tires i will try to post som pictures.

jake

Will be interested in seeing the pics.

MGRS

Overland Hadley said:
The OME lifts the front 1.75" (+/-)

The TSB is free, so might be worth it if you want to try it. But I found that while they gave some lift to start with, they quickly settled down to something near stock height. If you are going to have a "expedition" weight truck then you will need to have Dakars. You will be riding the bumpstops with the TSB leaf pack.

Thanks for the reply. I am already riding awfully low with just 400 lbs and myself in the truck. Toyota must figure no one will haul with the truck. I used to have a regular cab ranger that about as high with 600 lbs of field stone.

I think I will get the tsb work done and leave the suspension otherwise stock for now.

Long term I will look at OME 884s or 885s for the front end.

one more question for you guys. i want to install the 885's on my truck, will i need any thing else to put these on my truck? the tsb front shocks are bilsteins. will these springs be o.k. on these shocks and do i need any additional items to put them on my truck?

thanks
jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__