Tundra vs metal post. Advice needed

The_Dude

Adventurer
Hit a post with my tundra. See pics. Do I get it fixed professionally? $4500ish or take insurance money and bend the bed back to fit a tail light and get a high clearance bumper? Truck is a 2010 with 185k on it.

87364c0d82394a7eaea905be80aec7f5.jpg

afb33e6631930b18216d251e04f423a4.jpg

538f683164ff7fb246d2fbbef5128083.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tacollie

Glamper
For $4500 you could buy a welder, a couple saws, all the material, and have money left over?.

I probably wouldn't fix as long as you are planning on keeping it. If you think you may sell it then fix it.

The_Dude

Adventurer
Bumper should arrive tomorrow!

Any thoughts on painting the area on the bed area black marked by my crappy red lines? I don’t want to deal with paint on this area. Just spray bomb it.

114a4a29f6a7ef1f8be53cd02cb8febe.jpg

41868ce3dd8bdb4d6e6994dcd86d45e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kpack

Adventurer
The only reason I would consider touching up the paint is to prevent rust. But otherwise, I'd leave it alone. If you are wheeling the truck a lot it's all getting covered in pinstripes anyways, so who cares. A few years ago I paid a friend to fix a bunch of dents in my bedsides and repaint them. Then I hit some trails and immediately scratched all of it up. Fast forward to now, and my truck doesn't even have bedsides anymore. I cut them off after the truck got in an accident and both sides of the bed got mangled. It's a trail/adventure truck and it's going to get more scratched up as I continue to enjoy it.

Wheeling trucks as big as ours is bound to lead to body damage. So I wouldn't get too hung up on trying fix what you have. You have a tail light, and now you have an excuse to get a high clearance bumper. It's a win all the way around.

y4mCVpJ9HGrQBGeqPBFC9cUN8S6k_mEUHEiBZsLc3qfOh-goCudj6T1xVPZVvxm6v8FHgMzV6biJfXwFuRvt5yQt2jST_fevj2bOCUEl-NxTSs9SWwmbqh0vBHl-tabfO8ID-KZDXd22dyWpYdrSJVBcnY5agFvJDJyCbsPERYyATBaoYQR9y3_JUz5Ww4WdXvD

Nicklovin

The only reason I would consider touching up the paint is to prevent rust. But otherwise, I'd leave it alone. If you are wheeling the truck a lot it's all getting covered in pinstripes anyways, so who cares. A few years ago I paid a friend to fix a bunch of dents in my bedsides and repaint them. Then I hit some trails and immediately scratched all of it up. Fast forward to now, and my truck doesn't even have bedsides anymore. I cut them off after the truck got in an accident and both sides of the bed got mangled. It's a trail/adventure truck and it's going to get more scratched up as I continue to enjoy it.

Wheeling trucks as big as ours is bound to lead to body damage. So I wouldn't get too hung up on trying fix what you have. You have a tail light, and now you have an excuse to get a high clearance bumper. It's a win all the way around.

y4mCVpJ9HGrQBGeqPBFC9cUN8S6k_mEUHEiBZsLc3qfOh-goCudj6T1xVPZVvxm6v8FHgMzV6biJfXwFuRvt5yQt2jST_fevj2bOCUEl-NxTSs9SWwmbqh0vBHl-tabfO8ID-KZDXd22dyWpYdrSJVBcnY5agFvJDJyCbsPERYyATBaoYQR9y3_JUz5Ww4WdXvD
Whoa that’s kinda cool. Side note how do you like wheeling with a king bed tundra, is it a pain or workable? What size tires, 35s?
I have been looking at 1st Gen tundras and thinking about doing the switch from a taco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3