TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

Forrest51

Nice truck! Are those 285's?

Yup, 285/75R16 BFG ATs. Stock suspension with spacer for about 3in of lift up front, add-a-leaf in the rear. The prior owner had the spacers installed. I'm leaning towards the OME setup from Slee Off Road, it's the setup I went with on my 02 AC and loved. I have been a little concerned about performance with the added weight of the DC, especially since I'm considering a winch bumper; I'm looking into using 886 coils instead of the 885s that come with Slee's kit. OME coils with Bilstein 5100s are also on my radar, time will tell I suppose. If anyone has input on the subject I'd love to hear! Otherwise I'll be pouring over some more threads :)

The only other mods on the truck right now are a drop in K&N, and a Retrax Pro tonneau cover. The Retrax is awesome, super functional and secure (however, I might sell it and start on a camper setup).

In addition to upgrading the suspension, I'm looking for quality sliders (with kick-out, I think): my Tundra mistakes itself for a quad sometimes, the extra protection should come in handy on these tight Colorado trails. I'd also like to change out headers and exhaust.... The wish list seems to grow faster than I can check things off, haha.

Forrest51

The UCAs are definitely stock, I'm not sure the wheels are stock to the tundra though... No spacers, and only minor rubbing at extreme angles, not enough to cause issues. I am looking into replacing the UCAs when I upgrade suspension, and/or changing the wheels to something with more offset. I like the look of the outside tire wall being flush with (or slightly protruding from) the fender.

huntsonora

Explorer
Yup, 285/75R16 BFG ATs. Stock suspension with spacer for about 3in of lift up front, add-a-leaf in the rear. The prior owner had the spacers installed. I'm leaning towards the OME setup from Slee Off Road, it's the setup I went with on my 02 AC and loved. I have been a little concerned about performance with the added weight of the DC, especially since I'm considering a winch bumper; I'm looking into using 886 coils instead of the 885s that come with Slee's kit. OME coils with Bilstein 5100s are also on my radar, time will tell I suppose. If anyone has input on the subject I'd love to hear! Otherwise I'll be pouring over some more threads :)

The only other mods on the truck right now are a drop in K&N, and a Retrax Pro tonneau cover. The Retrax is awesome, super functional and secure (however, I might sell it and start on a camper setup).

In addition to upgrading the suspension, I'm looking for quality sliders (with kick-out, I think): my Tundra mistakes itself for a quad sometimes, the extra protection should come in handy on these tight Colorado trails. I'd also like to change out headers and exhaust.... The wish list seems to grow faster than I can check things off, haha.

I have the OME setup on my 06 double cab so if you want to drive mine just come on up. I'm not far from boulder and I'm in north denver quite a bit

PuddleJumper

Figured I would post mine up. Slow build, but most seem to be. I got the truck from my neighbor, a little old man that bought it new in 96. Had 262k miles on it and he said he had zero issues with it until the head gasket blew. Picked it up pretty cheap with the plan to rebuild it to exactly what I want. So far I have completely rebuilt the 3.4l with just about everything brand new on it. Had the auto trans rebuilt even though it felt fine (Figured with that many miles I might as well). New brakes, suspension and steering all around. Threw some used 33/10.5 LTB's on it as well as some locking hubs and wheeled it as is. To be honest it did much better than I thought it would but plan is to go bigger! I picked up F&R D60's with 4.56 and limited slips in both. Want to put some 35's on it and an equivalent to about a 3-4in lift. Why 1tons and only 35's you ask? Strength and longevity! I also want to keep it streetable but capable. Then I want to outfit the rear with a sleeping platform and obviously the usual bumpers, sliders yada yada. Coming from strictly rock crawling to Expo style wheeling/exploring I still have some things to learn, but so far I am stoked!:victory::safari-rig:
T100.33s.jpg
T100.Farmerland.jpg

What I used to wheel - Suzuki Samurai stretched, locked, geared. 22R engine swap with A43D Non electronic auto trans to 6.5 t-case. 37's and yota axles. (Don't mind the GF, she was annoyed people kept getting stuck:oops:
Samurai.RedCloud.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater