TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

theBullfrog125

Adventurer

That's exactly what I got. Inexpensive and stupid bright. I used the 3M adhesive on the back to stick em down. We will see how it hold up once the weather gets hot. I will glue it down if the adhesive no longer adheres.
I used a little over 3 feet on the hatch, about 4 feet under each bed rail, and around 4 feet on the ceiling just inside the topper. Basically used a whole roll. It's like daylight when I turn them on!

bimmeryota

Observer
No build thread but thinking about doing one. Lots has been done to the truck but it's never done, right? Ha
Most of the info is in my sig but the bumper is from Northwest Trail Innovations in Battleground, WA. Not many bolt up bumper options for the T100 anymore.
Lift is currently set at 1" via ball joint spacers and adjusting the Old Man Emu Torsion bars. It will soon get a custom upper arm sealed-top uniball retrofit, lift height will stay the same but with better alignment.
The wheels and tires were just recently put on and I really like the combo. The FJZ80 alloys are light and the KO2's are great tires. Much better on road manners than my KM2's which expected since they are an AT.

20160417_093337_zpsyosnua5s.jpg

Nice. I didn't notice the sig. Sorry, not sure if it's bc I'm on tapatalk...

What size are your ko tires? I just got a set in stock size and like them a lot.

I know someone that has done a lot with those uniball uppers but they are in CA. I thought about that for my other truck but went with the bjs. I have a set of the 1" ready for the T but I think I might get that bumper first! That thing looks awesome... Long live the T!

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Nice. I didn't notice the sig. Sorry, not sure if it's bc I'm on tapatalk...

What size are your ko tires? I just got a set in stock size and like them a lot.

I know someone that has done a lot with those uniball uppers but they are in CA. I thought about that for my other truck but went with the bjs. I have a set of the 1" ready for the T but I think I might get that bumper first! That thing looks awesome... Long live the T!

Tire size is 305/70r16. Little bit of wander from the wider patch over the last set. But definitely not bad.

I'm keeping the stock upper arm just bolting in a custom bracket to accept a 1" bore uniball. Should get an extra inch of droop, a stronger joint, and better alignment.

Bumper sells as a weld-yourself kit. It is designed well and my fabricator didn't have any problems building it.

D

Deleted member 9101

Here is my pavement queen. 2" lift up front, 1" in the rear. All new front and rear suspension components made a huuuuge difference in how it drives and rides. Has the rear end out of a V6 4x4 (easy way to get 4.30 gears). The rims are 20" off a double cab and the tires are 275/55/20. Just put in new headlights, what a difference in looks and performance over the chalky 14 year old OEM's...lol.

Next toys for it are a spray in bedliner, new carpet, new headliner, and reupholster the front seats. This summer I'll swap over to the T-100 master cylinder and brake booster along with the double cab front calipers and stainless steal lines. Might also make a belly pan to see if it helps with MPG, a "I'm bored with left over materials project."

AaronK

Explorer

Here is my pavement queen. 2" lift up front, 1" in the rear. All new front and rear suspension components made a huuuuge difference in how it drives and rides. Has the rear end out of a V6 4x4 (easy way to get 4.30 gears). The rims are 20" off a double cab and the tires are 275/55/20. Just put in new headlights, what a difference in looks and performance over the chalky 14 year old OEM's...lol.

Next toys for it are a spray in bedliner, new carpet, new headliner, and reupholster the front seats. This summer I'll swap over to the T-100 master cylinder and brake booster along with the double cab front calipers and stainless steal lines. Might also make a belly pan to see if it helps with MPG, a "I'm bored with left over materials project."
What'd you do for front gears?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

toyotech

Expedition Leader

I been looking forever for factory 4.30 gears but hardly any part trucks in my area

D

Deleted member 9101

I been looking forever for factory 4.30 gears but hardly any part trucks in my area

I lucked out big time when I found mine. It was at the pick-n-pull in an otherwise stripped truck.

Flyer69

Observer
02 Black 'Bird

Hello all,

I'm an ex-lurker new poster here on ExPo. There are so many really great rigs and awesome folks on here, and this site has been an inspiration for me, so I thought I'd share my rig too. I bought my '02Tundra new and have always wanted to build it out. Now I'm finally getting to it and really having fun! It's still very much a work in progress. I'm aiming for more expedition-style than wheeler build... a spontaneous adventure rig for me and my wife.

Berdoo13.jpeg

JB Awning 1.jpg

JT Camp 2.jpg

Sliders painted 8.jpg

Tundra Pre RTT.jpg

Berdoo9.jpeg

Build thread here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/157655-Flyer-s-02-Tundra-adventure-build/page1

Flyer69

Observer
Very nice. How do you like the rtt?

Thank you. I absolutely love my RTT! It's super comfortable, effortless to set up, and has tons of ventilation. I got a hardshell so I could leave it installed permanently, making it easy to bug out on a whim.

Hello all,

I'm an ex-lurker new poster here on ExPo. There are so many really great rigs and awesome folks on here, and this site has been an inspiration for me, so I thought I'd share my rig too. I bought my '02Tundra new and have always wanted to build it out. Now I'm finally getting to it and really having fun! It's still very much a work in progress. I'm aiming for more expedition-style than wheeler build... a spontaneous adventure rig for me and my wife.

View attachment 343172

Build thread here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/157655-Flyer-s-02-Tundra-adventure-build/page1

Awesome setup! Do you have any close up pics of how you have your awning attached?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues