UAV-TT (off-road tent trailer) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
Sweet thanks!

su7y4e7y.jpg
y8eqysed.jpg

Going in!

EWOK

MAYBE REMOVE THE AXLES AND SET THE WHOLE THING ON THAT MILITARY TRAILER IN THE BACK GROUND PICTURE ? SUSPESION , CLERENCE AND OFF ROAD ABILITY SOLVED

silvrzuki77

explorer
Okay basically done for the day!
a3ery4ud.jpg

Fender screwed in! Need to do finish stuff obviously. Cut the military fender in half and took 3" out.
ynabu2yq.jpg

Going to have to remount my furnance farther back and I have a 1.5" each side of the furnace.
4aty3ege.jpg

The lower kitchen sink area was put together like garbage soo im glad I pulled it apart. 35's will fit with more lift. Think obviously bump stops at full compression but once at camp dump the airbags to get it lower? 285's would probably be the best solution, and my dads rig has them so he would always have a spare if I couldnt patch the tire.
2ejetepa.jpg

Last edited:

croix

Observer
dumping the air bags to reach a lower camp height is the approach i'm taking as well. it took quite a bit of reasearch to get the ride height i wanted, camp height i wanted, and still get any amount of travel out of the air bags. diameter of the bags was also a concern for me. your platform has more room than mine so you should have quite a few more options. ridetech is a pretty good source for comparing bags, mounts, etc. prices are pretty good as well. good luck... i'll be watching this one for sure.
-croix

Xodius

Adventurer
Looks good. At the first photo with you H3 I thought, that truck looks familiar. Then I clicked on your name and realized you're here in town and I probably see you near downtown. I work near the BofA.
Anyway, looks great and can't wait to see more!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Little update...
Finishing up the passenger side area. Moved the furnace back about 5" to clear the fender. Built a exterior panel to cover the original exhaust and intact. Will eventually paint it black.
ape9y6yt.jpg

Did the interior paneling. Added a 1/8th too much to the divider so I need to sand that down tomorrow and reattach the stove/sink for now.
u2ade3y8.jpg

Need to register it by this coming week then I will probably start the driver side fender.

My newborn has been pretty good at night but my 2 year old has been waking up for the past 3 weeks around 1 am and being crazy for no reason. A little beat down and not motivated with out 🍺.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal