UCE3 - Utah Cruiser Expedition 3

SmoothLC

Explorer
Thanks Adam, et. al.

Great write up and beautiful pictures as usual!

Those are some beautiful places - can't wait to visit a few we haven't been to yet.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Treading Lightly obviously.IMG_3919Large_zps25bdc100.jpgIMG_3921Large_zps2bff9bfc.jpgIMG_4135Large_zps8365618f.jpg

Attachments

• _MG_3697_zpsee7d01a6.jpg
    _MG_3697_zpsee7d01a6.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3916Large_zps1988a325.jpg
    IMG_3916Large_zps1988a325.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 15
  • 04_zps58aa6919.jpg
    04_zps58aa6919.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for sharing your trip report. It is trips like this that keep this forum interesting for me. Now on to planning my next adventure.

Kevin

sweet trav

Adventurer
great trip report!

cool that your boys got to go...I have a 4 and 2 year old and look forward to when they're able to do longer trips with me!

btw - ignore the hyper critical people...the earth will certainly survive a few tire tracks left in the mud...this type of criticism is soooooo stupid!

pmatusov

AK6PM
Adam, what people do to their land in Russia is beyond redemption and any excuse, and that applies to four-wheelers as well. I wouldn't bring that up.

pmatusov

AK6PM
What??? this makes no sense. Is there something in the water that you Disco guys are drinking? Honestly.
What makes no sense?
The most-common tool in the arsenal of "jeepers" in Russia is the chainsaw. It is occasionally used to clear the trees fallen across the road, but most-often it is to just chop off the trees that are on the way, or to pave the route across a bog. It is perfectly acceptable to leave two-foot-deep tracks on the [previously] pristine meadow. And if you get stuck, it is perfectly acceptable to walk to the next village, and pay a bottle of vodka to the local Cat driver to extricate you - and he'll have no qualms about making circles and turns on the said meadow.
I do have respect for their technical abilities and drive, but that's the end of it. Western teams like to participate in Russian off-road events because they get to do things for which they'd be in jail anyplace in Europe.

Note again, that I am not criticizing your trip or driving style. Just saying that I understand where Roverrocks is coming from, and that your video example is not helping you.

Box Rocket

On second thought. I really don't care to even have this debate here. If pmatusov or roverrocks (or anyone else) would care to take it up with me, please PM me. I'm happy to discuss. As far as I'm concerned this debate is over in this thread. I apologize for my part in derailing a trip report. I have removed my comments that have detracted from the trip report.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedog1