UJOR Build Thread

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
We all know that they don't pop up often! Have to be ready to pounce when they do.

Man I can't even find a late model low mileage v10 extended body. Seems like most of those were bought for conversions already. V8 and 4spd autos are all over but anything else is kind of tough it seems.

Lilnuts

Body drop, going back together! Full 6.0 upgrades done, body undercoated, ready for the next step.

12565396_1119237854762108_7726430983745352661_n.jpg

12654449_1119237848095442_8395857579549666581_n.jpg

Chris, would give us some detail (how to) on what it takes to lift the body off the chassis

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris, would give us some detail (how to) on what it takes to lift the body off the chassis

We have a check list since its a lot of little things and helps us when putting it all back together. Wires at the engine, PS lines, PS shaft, drain the AC, coolant, pull the radiator, intake tubes, transmission shifter cable, e-brake, sure there are a few things I'm forgetting. Obviously have to remove the carpet or floor liner, seats.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
How long does it generally take? Just curious. I know on the trucks a big deal is always made about pulling the cabs to do work. My diesel mech said of his tools are out and on hand he can have the cab on a 6.4 off in an hour, 2 hours for the 6.0.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
How long does it generally take? Just curious. I know on the trucks a big deal is always made about pulling the cabs to do work. My diesel mech said of his tools are out and on hand he can have the cab on a 6.4 off in an hour, 2 hours for the 6.0.

5-6 hours but that can easily go much longer if the body bolts put up a fight. If they act up we just cut the heads off. Dorman has E series body mounts now! 40-50 ea.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Based on your experience, do you think if I loosened/pulled the cab mounts on my ambo, and unbolted the cab from the box, I'd get enough wiggle room to change that rubber gasket between them? Between the cab and box if that wasn't clear.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Based on your experience, do you think if I loosened/pulled the cab mounts on my ambo, and unbolted the cab from the box, I'd get enough wiggle room to change that rubber gasket between them? Between the cab and box if that wasn't clear.

I've looked at a lot of Ambos and thought.... Man I would never want to pull that cab! I wouldn't attempt it.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I've looked at a lot of Ambos and thought.... Man I would never want to pull that cab! I wouldn't attempt it.

No interest in pulling it. I was just wondering if I UNBOLTED it, if I could wiggle it around enough to get that gasket R&Rd. Mine is just a bit on the shabby side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven