Under the body fuel tank FJ40

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Has anyone purchased an under the body fuel tank for a FJ40. Were looking at removing the fuel tank from under the front seat.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Are you thinking of a tank mounted over the rear axle? Thousands of Cruisers out there running them, Con-Fer among others made them for many years. Most used them for auxillary tanks only but I know of at least a few that used them as primary tanks. There are some issues that would have to be worked through, the extra weight out back and its effect on spring rates, shocks, mounting to keep it out of the suspension travel of the axle and a low capacity for the standard commerically made units.

Newer FJ40's had their OEM tanks under the body in the center, however they had an entirely different body and frame to allow it to be practical, short of some major modifications I just don't see a centrally mounted tank happening under an older FJ40.

JONNYFJ

I run dual tanks my rear tank is from Man-A-Fre they are nice, but add a great deal of weight when full mine is a 22 Gallon

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Fuel tank

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for at a in tank fuel pump (even though I think its a bad idea) to pump fuel to a fuel infected Vortec.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy