unknown wire

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
I just got back from a maiden voyage in my 2005 4WC Eagle, there is a 2wire loom [for lack of a better term] coming up from the left front of the bed then travels up behind the front raising boards and up to the roof. Appears to be factory, any idea ?

Thanks for any help

Canufixit

Observer
I just got back from a maiden voyage in my 2005 4WC Eagle, there is a 2wire loom [for lack of a better term] coming up from the left front of the bed then travels up behind the front raising boards and up to the roof. Appears to be factory, any idea ?

Thanks for any help

Ok I'll take a guess and I am not familiar with your Camper

- Some trucks may have trailer/slide in camper wiring just under the drivers seat. Could it be for hooking up one of the following?

- going to camper top edge Running lights
- Third brake light wire ???
- any of the other normal wires for the camper (+12v, Stop/turns, etc.
- possible hook up if "rear cargo" light from the TV ??

Since you had a chance to try it out ..... did everything work ????

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Thank you for the reply, Everything seems to work fine, there are no exterior lights of any kind.
Just posted on WTW in the 4WC section, I'm thinking it might be prewired for an over bed fan.

1stDeuce

Explorer
Yup, likely it's the power to the roof. Doesn't your camper have lights in the ceiling? They don't work on magic if it does...
:)
There should also be access to that same power feed at one of the roof vents, so you could install a fantastic fan.

Have fun with your new camper!

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Two lights, one over sink, one over roll over couch, one roof fan positioned rear center of camper. No front lights , no over bed fan, no exterior running lights, 4WC said , unless the original purchaser ordered a over the bed fan/light it would not be framed or prewired.... good question tho.

I haven't gotten serious yet, I believe today is the day...

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
My camper had two wires right there too - they fed the overhead lights & fan (none of which were in the bunk area). The wires run up behind the lift panel, then back through the roof to the lights over the sink & fan at the rear of the camper.

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Thanks good times and 1stdeuce, I think you've solved the mystery , makes total sense , the manufacturer would run the fan/light either up the back or the front, no other way , and the front makes the most sense as it would be less 'molested' in the sleeping area. huh, whowuddathunk.
Thanks for all your suggestions..

Mickey

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk