Upper Peninsula Overland - 6th Annual

Huis Clos

The sunrise setting at High Rock Bay is out of this world. I was the only soul rambling around and enjoyed taking pics of it....

i-Zs43687-L.jpg

i-z6bsKhL-L.jpg

i-DFT3PMG-L.jpg

Seriously, the kids had a blast ;)

i-bD3fF8g-L.jpg

What Company is that RTT on the trailer from. It looks big, and will be useful for me family.
Thank you.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
We're in for Drummond. Let's make it happen.

Funny you say that Tom! Several of us were discussng DI at camp that night by Grand Marais. Several of us thought that would be a good destination for UPO 2014. I know there is enough there 2 easily kill 2 days ROAMing about seeing the sights. Plus there is Turtle Ridge ORP for those that feel inclined for that. Maybe a day somewhere else on the east side of the UP mainland for the 3rd day (or 1st I guess). The hardest part will be finding a big enough ara for a larger group camp. I know of one area at least though. I am heading up to DI in a couple weekends to gather pics and info for another mag article. I will be meeting with Steve Walker who is one of the nest go-to guys on the island. I can ask him about a recommended camping spot or 3 for us next year while I am there. I also messaged timbrcruiser/Dave (you have to remember him from UPO a few years back, Dave is a character!) about a trip to there next year and he would be more than willing to help out. He knows the island quite well too.

BTW Tom, great write-up and thanks for taking the time out to do these awesome trips we looks forward to!

What Company is that RTT on the trailer from. It looks big, and will be useful for me family.
Thank you.

That would be the biggest RTT Mombasa makes. It measures @ "96x"71 inside if I remember right and you have the overhang too. HUGE! I have the midsize one underneath it and its been a fantastic tent.

meafordmike

Adventurer
Keri-Ann and I really missed the trip again this year. Maybe next year. Living out east is not always fun, but we do live close to Tom now.

NHenson

Observer
This is why I still claim Michigan as my home state. I live in Eastern WA now and I love it, but there is something special about the U.P. that keeps calling to me. I have backpacked Pictured Rocks and around Grand Island several times and can't get enough of it.

Thanks for posting and helping me remember my roots.

pmatusov

AK6PM
Awesome! It reminded me of camping trips we've made to the North of lower Peninsula and the edge of UP. I miss Northern Michigan.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Not quite sure why I didn't post any pics.

High Rock
1085144_4581459755100_808782926_o.jpg
Sunset at Mouth OF The Huron
1149532_4581489595846_1217942073_o.jpg
Shoreline somewhere by Christmas prior to meeting the group
1102422_4581455995006_1159243717_o.jpg

fengine8

I love that this is so family friendly. I have to go on this next year with my son. My wife has been pregnant or nursing for 3 straight years so these types of trips aren't a possibility for us as family. I can't wait to create some amazing memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
I love that this is so family friendly. I have to go on this next year with my son. My wife has been pregnant or nursing for 3 straight years so these types of trips aren't a possibility for us as family. I can't wait to create some amazing memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Really the family friendly nature and being with friends, old and new are really the focus of the trip. There usually is some spectacular scenery as a bonus. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal