USA 6X6 rig..

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
spencyg said:
...It is pretty sad to look around for large multi axle trucks like that, only to find Russian and Czech models which aren't even available here. They are extremely capable...

Spence

Like Tatra? Absolutely available here. Quite a few of them have made it over, and there are dealers and owners that'd love to sell you one :)

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
dieselcruiserhead said:
it is amazing that company is still in business considering some of the things I've read.. A start is pirate4x4.com and the forums there :steak:

That's where i got the link for ExPo.
I've been on Pirate for a few years, before the guy "David" who owns/runs Usa6x6 showed up, and after he left. (He was ridiculed and abused until he finally stopped showing up on the board.)
The guy is a total hack in terms of build quality, always has been. On top of that he has screwed over pretty much every company in the 4x4 world that he has dealt with. He is despised on Pirate for good reason.

Now, having said all of that, i have never done business with the company, but i never would after knowing all that i know.

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Avoid them...

The owner of the S&S 8x8 Octamog is member of ExPo (Name: "Octamog")

I've met him and he's a really nice guy, with an interesting project. The camper box is not an airplane cargo bin, but was custom built out of composite by Martin Marietta.

As for the USA6x6 company that this thread started with, I've dealt with them and they were the single most unprofessional company I've ever worked with. I would strongly warn anyone from buying anything from them.

Jay.

Michael Slade

Untitled
Stay away from that 'alleged' crook and his company.

You may hate Pirate, but do a search for 'Daniel' or 'USA6x6'. You'll find he is a sheister.

mtrmble

As soon as I saw the subject line I was all ready to make a post about the true shady nature of that place but I see you all have it under control. Yall even noticed the photoshopped pics.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
mtrmble said:
As soon as I saw the subject line I was all ready to make a post about the true shady nature of that place but I see you all have it under control. Yall even noticed the photoshopped pics.
As his latest he went bankrupt and was taking peoples money right up to the end. As far as I know they are totally shut down and people are having to sue to get their money back.

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Finally Bankrupt?!?

You can add $2k of my hard earned money to that bottomless pit.

I say good ridance, may he never swindle another dollar and have to get a minimum wage job balancing tires for the rest of his miserable life.

...not that I hold a grudge.

Jay.

Accrete

Explorer
i wonder if these guys: www.startrackstrucks.com are hooked up with them somehow. Many of the pictures/trucks are the same rigs i remember on usa6x6.com gallery pages.

Sure is a shame cuz 6x6 would be nice on an off road camper.

Thom

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I'd bet that they were using Daniel somehow (matter of fact you can see they're using his gearbox) , and I'd also bet that their website hasn't been updated in a while. It'd be interesting to see if they're still actively involved together.

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Hmmm...the usa6x6 website doesn't appear to even work anymore.

Did anyone see that Stormchasers episode on Discovery Channel? They took that newest armoured camera truck out and on the way from the shop to the highway, the axle tube on the 3rd axle snapped in two. Good luck trying to cruise through farmer's fields with it. In the side shots, you could see the USA6x6 on the wheel rings. :confused:

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
It blows my mind that all these people have been buying stuff off that scammer Daniel in the last couple of years. It's been at least five years that I've known he was a crook, why don't people do their research before handing over a bunch of money.

I do feel bad for the folks that got ripped off though...

heimbig

OnTheRoadAtLast
I contacted startracks about their wheels and tires, inquiring about their manufacturer, here is the response (Really glad this forum exists!) needless to say they won't be seeing my order especially since my Rickson Failure http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ehicle-Economical-build?p=1435284#post1435284 :From: USA6x6 . [mailto:liventre@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:58 AM
To: heimbig
Subject: Fwd: FW: big wheel package

Goodmorning Bruce,

Startracks is a dealer for our wheels, I am the manufacturer. Yes my wheels will fit inside a container on your truck, they were designed with that in mind. These are 3 piece Aluminum 20 x 10 with a powder coated steel plate center in the F550 reversible bolt pattern. They flip from front to rear to provide a 1” wider track in the rear. They are stamped DOT approved and are rated at 13,000 pounds per wheel and 8000 pounds per tire.
Costs $750 per wheel, $250 per 3 piece bolt together run flat/bead lock insert, and $600 for the 335 80R 20 Continental MPT 81 tire. Or you can order any of these as separate units Mounting and Balancing is $85 per tire and wheel or $1685.00 total cost plus shipping from zip code 73082. Please prepare your own shipping at 320 pounds each tire wheel and bead lock unit.
Currently we are 3 weeks behind in production. 50% payment up front is required. Call me if you have questions 580-585-1276 . -Daniel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3