*** VAN HAS BEEN RECOVERED*** 4x4 Van STOLEN in Portland OR June 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD5050

According to his PM, Its 1k USD per vehicle within a two hour period.
We’ve already addressed this. The offer was for you, since you’re the one bashing Ravelco and are the only one with the self-proclaimed skills to defeat this vehicle alarm “easily”. But I did admit that I would honor the offer if he wanted to take me up on it (on a professionally-installed system, verifiable results, etc). It was never “per vehicle” but your only response to my earlier request for proof was basically “I know you are but what am I” so I’m not expecting much in the way of intelligent debate.
I’m really just feeding trolls at this point. Anyone reading this thread has seen my point, and is free to research the system on their own. And don’t believe their marketing, look at actual reviews. It’s the best $500 you can spend to prevent thieves from starting/driving your vehicle. The only downside is losing remote-start functionality.

Verkstad

Raggarkung
don’t believe their marketing, look at actual reviews.
maybe buy one to study and realise how simple to defeat it really is.
It’s the best $500 you can spend to prevent thieves from starting/driving your vehicle
Or spend about 50$ parts plus a few hours to DIY. Aside from good money, major benefit is knowing how critical circuits are interrupted after you loose the fob thingy.

In all fairness, the Ravelcos I defeated, were 20ish years ago. Plus advantage of having ignition key already.
Its doubtful, but perhaps todays versions have proximity transmitter built into their fob also.

LD5050

maybe buy one to study and realise how simple to defeat it really is. Or spend about 50$ parts plus a few hours to DIY. Aside from good money, major benefit is knowing how critical circuits are interrupted after you loose the fob thingy.

In all fairness, the Ravelcos I defeated, were 20ish years ago. Plus advantage of having ignition key already.
Its doubtful, but perhaps todays versions have proximity transmitter built into their fob also.
I’ve had several, personally. I’ve watched 2 installs myself. The last was on my 2012 GT500. That’s what makes my opinion somewhat valid.
That’s been my point the entire time. You never even had one, you just:
  1. Saw a few setups at work 20 years ago, allegedly
  2. Have an idea how the work
  3. Have an opinion

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it’s outright wrong, you’re gonna get called out. I can have the opinion that it’s fine to pour gasoline into a diesel fuel tank, but if I share that opinion publicly then people will chime in to prevent the bad information making it to someone who doesn’t know any better.

You can backpedal all you want. The truth is that Ravelco systems are not easily defeated, they are the complete opposite of that. If it was simple, you’d be $1k richer right now.
It sounds like your underlying opinion is that such a simple system shouldn’t cost as much as it does. Which doesn’t affect the effectiveness of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333