Vehicles in usa

partin_us_99

What kind of 4x4 vans box trucks anything that I can make into an expedition vehicle? Like the bigger rigs too like crew cab f550 ambulance etc.
Really wanna get a 4x4 chassis platform and make it very comfy to camp in. Or be a bug out vehicle.
Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

steelheadbum

Adventurer
What's your budget? Are you looking for something that's already 4x4? I would recommend a Ford E class

Steelheadbum

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
E series ambulances are very popular, you'll find several build threads on them. They're pretty rare in 4x4 form, so you'll need a conversion.

partin_us_99

Well my budget is very low until I can talk to my bank loan officer. Funny thing I've been finding vans galore on cl even found a 4x4 ambulance just a touch too far away for me to. I've been kicking around a few ideas but with two large adults a two year old (and one more hoping for a girl) and my st Bernard lol a smb might be too small so I've been looking more box truck or ex government vehicle. Actually have been speaking with a guy with a 925 6x6 cummins ex military rig for 3000! But its just waiting for my loan officer on Mon then its how can I get it from a to b BC I have nothing to haul it with and its been sitting for a few years and I don't wanna risk a two hour drive and it dieing on me anyway

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Abitibi

Explorer
m925? Better ask for a second bank loan to cover your fuel cost!

I'd be tempted to say do your best to stay within your budget and chew only what you can swallow (I've been avoiding bank loans for years)! It's not easy finding a good Expo vehicle for a family of 4, I know I've been through a few trucks myself in search of the best platform. I guess it depends again of budget and your skills. The ambulance can be a great start, use it as is until you get more funds available, you can do a lot of exploration in 2wd with the right tires! There's people here that built vehicle on a budget with amazing results. As mentioned above, a good (older) diesel van is a good option and can be found for cheap if you're patient.

Good luck!
Mr. D

Adventurer
Have you considered a Chevy Astro 4WD? I see those on CL every once in a while.

sent from your moms Iphone using tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach