Versatile TJ build

Catfish37

Observer
Nice build. I am currently running a TJ as well. What gears are you running with those 35's? Also is it a 4.0 auto or manual?

GSPup

Nice build. I am currently running a TJ as well. What gears are you running with those 35's? Also is it a 4.0 auto or manual?

Thanks. Currently stock 3.73 gears and the engine is a 4.0 manual. It does ok in the mountains here but a little extra gearing wont hurt. Gearing is on the list for next winter as well as lighting, driving to Moab last week after work made me realize how bad my stock lights have gotten.

I've got some ball joints to replace asap that lead to some excessive tire wear but other than that I'm just going to enjoy it as is for the summer. The jeep will sit until I get parts ordered and installed.

GSPup

EJS

Went to Moab last weekend.

Went to Elephant Hill in Canyonlands for the first time. What a beautiful place.

MB1.jpg

Reppin Jeep-Owner.com
MB2.jpg

MB3.jpg

Has some minor t-case issues that we solved quickly.

MB9.jpg

GSPup

Hit up Hell's Revenge the next afternoon. We gave Strike Ravine our best shot in the morning but after raining all night the first muddy and steep hill was barely completed without incident. Hell's is always a fun one.

MB4.jpg

MB6.jpg

MB5.jpg

GSPup

Went up Gemini Bridges and Metal Masher before heading back to Denver.

Metal Masher had some big boy ledges. Some I tried, this one I did not.
MB8.jpg

More breakage
MB7.jpg

...and more beauty on Gemini Bridges.
MB.jpg

GSPup

Been awhile since an update...

After I bent my TR on a trail during a camping trip, soon after my plates expired and the jeep has just been sitting. This winter I'll fix all the little issues. We got a 2013 Xterra to build for light/wheeling and camping trips. Basically sliders, roof rack, some belly armor and a winch.

Took it out a few days after we bought it.
x1.JPG

Threw some 285 falkens on there and have sliders waiting to get welded on. Bringing it to Moab this thanksgiving for some camping.
x2.JPG

GSPup

With the jeep down I did a bunch of hiking and backpacking to get my mountain fix, with a little hunting mixed in.

Pics from a few trips this summer/fall...

Chasm lake below Longs Peak Diamond
chasm lake 3.jpgchasm lake 1.jpg

Hiking towards James Peak above Loch Lomond
LOCH2.jpg

GSPup

did some elk hunting and saw nothing but moose, go figure.hunt2.JPGhunt1.JPG

Hit up a lake last weekend and saw some more moose.
hike3.JPG

Looking to get some mods done on the xterra in the 'near' future after Moab.

GSPup

Not too much going on here but things will be picking up.

Just ordered 2 new MTRs. The front two wore really quickly after a bad alignment I did myself, lesson learned.

Looking at a AEV highline hood or something comparable and some corner armor. Want to get both in the next few months and then I'll be done for awhile again.

Took my brother-in-law in his 4runner to Spring Creek since he was passing through CO and hasn't wheeled here.

4runner1.jpg4runner2.jpg 4runner3.jpg

My mode of exploration has mainly been my feet this winter...

10915257_617837105029704_1113817108684179985_n.jpgCTD.jpgQuandary2.jpgQuandary1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333