Wait, do I actually want a van? How about a travel trailer?

DFNDER

We couldn’t decide either so did several trips renting sprinters out West and small off-road trailers in various places. We like to hike and bike and often have to reach trailheads away from the camping location. Also like to head into town occasionally for a meal, or explore a region from a single basecamp. Sprinter just became a huge albatross for us due to our style of camping. Went with a small off-road trailer that our Defender doesn’t even know is there and loved every minute of it. Now going just a bit bigger to have indoor stand up space, but still small enough and built for off road. I actually prefer driving long highway distances with the trailer than the sprinters as it just drives better. Plus I don’t have to worry about driving off with the awning open like I almost did too many times. we can go on far tougher roads with our combo that I’d ever dare in a sprinter, but yes, you don’t want to go where you might have to turn around. Pluses and minuses for each. For us it was no contest and we gave the sprinter a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner