Wanted: maxtrax

Ronct110

Adventurer
How do you like yours?

Like em.
- Won't tear up your interior, or poss scratch your paint like the alum ones
- Works great on the snow when the trail is tore-up/mushy and not passable.

There's a review of sand ladders in the Winter 2009 Edition of Overland Journal.

I used a pair of Yakima shovel holders to hold them straight on my roof bars, and then a ratchet strap to secure them in place like in the pictures attached. Came in handy last year's snow camping/wheeling trip in the Sierra National Forest.

Just don't use the Maxtrax w/chains on - will tear up the plastic.

Sounds like a deal with free shipping from Sierra Expedition.

Have fun in the snow!

Attachments

• DSC_0093.JPG
    DSC_0093.JPG
    437.3 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_0095.JPG
    DSC_0095.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 160

sierrahsky

Adventurer
I agree with ^, I was going to buy, and I actually called wil to order but when I read that 1. Your out of stock, and 2. There is a new version in less than a month I thought I would just try and get them second hand for cheap and buy the new ones if they are greatly improved. What is the changes any how?

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
Your site says a new version coming Mar '11. What's changing on them?

MAXTRAX has a new improved design that was unveiled at SEMA Show this year. They are slated to be released for sale at the Overland Expo on April 1st (no foolin').*

The new Mark 2 is a stronger design with 3 strengthening channels as opposed to the older 2, a more efective design, are able to link together for a chain of traction, and able to steak to the ground. Other new features include*a recovery 'pod' that will come with 2 sets of MAXTRAX, linking straps and grounding pegs, and a 9 Liter water tank all in an enclosed case that can be mounted outside of the vehicle or keep your interior clean.*

They also have a new mounting system that will handle 1 or 2 sets.*

161956_202912471217_4815595_n.jpg

Snow_Day2.jpg

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
They retail for $299 a set and the 'pod' retails for $599 with all the inclusive parts.

Not sure if there will be show pricing since they are so new.

Sprung17

Apparently, both sites states that they're out of stock on the MaxTrax. Any idea if they have the new Mark 2 in stock yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism