Wanted: Wrangler with Ursa Minor or jku Habitat

osinrider04

Observer
I'm in the market for something to replace my trusty ol Cherokee XJ that I use for overlanding in the US. Aa my title states, I'm interested in something with a built in tent option like the Ursa Minor or Habitat (if there are other manufacturers let me know).

I've browsed the forums and didn't see anything currently for sale. Also if this is in the wrong section let me know--I'm on my phone and had trouble finding a true "wanted" section.

osinrider04

Observer
Ah actually I did see this the other day. The mileage is the only thing that concerns me. I have the inline 4.0 in my jeep which I'm comfortable having high mileage but I'm less familiar with these motors and trannys. Any advice out there?

fmyth

I'm in the market for something to replace my trusty ol Cherokee XJ that I use for overlanding in the US. Aa my title states, I'm interested in something with a built in tent option like the Ursa Minor or Habitat (if there are other manufacturers let me know).

I've browsed the forums and didn't see anything currently for sale. Also if this is in the wrong section let me know--I'm on my phone and had trouble finding a true "wanted" section.

No affiliation: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5797382958.html

osinrider04

Observer
That's a good find on the white one. I still think the red one is a better deal even with the higher mileage. What do you think?

Abe Froman

Adventurer
Depends on if you value low miles or bolt on accessories?
If you want to own for a long time, get the white and add as you go.
If you want to be ready to roll right out of the gate, get the red one.
Rockcrawling? Get the red one with the built axles, etc.

Or just buy a used wrangler you like and get the top new.

osinrider04

Observer
Currently I have a semi built XJ that I've been designing for overlanding but I've reached a point of not wanting to invest more into that particular vehicle. I came on expo's for sale thread to find something that is done because I've already been down the process of doing it myself so I know what I want, just don't want to put the time into the initial build. The red one has that aspect but the mileage on a motor and trans I don't particularly know a lot about scares me. For instance, my XJ has 158k and I don't hesitate to drive it on a thousand Mike journey bc I know what it's capable of. I'm new to the wrangler world essentially

zimm

Expedition Leader
outside of you vicariously tire kicking...

the white one is the better value. theres 130000 miles of use on the red one, and reconditioning is time consuming. either yours, or a mechanics. aftermarket parts are cheap. 3/4 cost of an axle rebuild is labor. miles = labor. by the time you get the red one up to the white ones finish (you actually wont) you'll have more money into it, and less resale.

aftermarket parts have a value IF YOU NEED THEM. considering the stockish white rubi is a massive step up from what youre currently driving, i doubt anything on the red one means squat for your use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven